+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New signing....

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Thanks for sharing Oz - I think I've got some grit in my eye here - I'm sure she loved every minute with you too.
    And I am peeling Onions

Thanks for sharing with us oz

Fantastic pics Oz - beautiful balance on the dog, her back is straight as an arrow with her nose following her race line.
    Decent left leg placement on ground - so an ideal path race trajectory between straight and bend of track for sure. Sounds like you cherished every moment with her.

She looked a natural - your a lucky man to have had such great moments.
    Thanks for sharing - wonderful & keep those mementos safe at hand for your grey-matter cells enrichment, mate. She'll be real proud of you I bet.

Oh, nice flat cap your wearing, back in fashion big time now !

I've been under pressure to get a dog for 15-20 yrs now. Strongly resisted. Feel my resolve weakening.

Anyone recommend a non-shedding medium dog? One that will run. Must be non-shedding. My OCD would cope.

No lapdogs! No Yorkies or King Charles etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    I've been under pressure to get a dog for 15-20 yrs now. Strongly resisted. Feel my resolve weakening.

Anyone recommend a non-shedding medium dog? One that will run. Must be non-shedding. My OCD would cope.

Staffordshire Bull Terrier might be a good shout pal or failing that just put a lead round Billys neck and take him for a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post

Was bought up with dogs in the home but when my Gran bought Lucia my trained medical & therapy-guide dog providing stress relief and comfort in difficult situations due to mental health - I only then fully understood how much a dog can transform ones life & in my case gave me the life I'd lost back again.

She's grown but still shy & sensitive & is my guardian angel staying by my side 24/7 at work, rest & play.

So enjoy every moment Rev with Barney, sure bet he'll be a lifestyle changer for you.

Cavapoos are pretty good

I know they look goofy as a scum fan wearing a green/yellow scarf but poodles don't shed. The standard poodles (big ones but you can find a runt in the 40lb range) are athletic and incredibly smart. If you don't shave them like freak show they look fairly normal. A lot of people have gone the route of getting a "boutique dog" such as a lab/poodle or golden/poodle. Great dogs that look normal. Have to be sure you don't get a shedder. almost all of them don't but if spending money make sure. As you probably know most hunting dog breeds have big appetites. Have to make sure you monitor their food intake/exercise or you end up with something looking like big Sam in a couple of years. You can look for one 40-50 pound range. The breeders have it pinned down pretty good based on the parents.

I have a springer (he was a runt- 40 lbs) that I keep cut (field cut) and he does not shed at all. I do have to cut him every 3 months. As Rev posted earlier Springers and Cockers have a lot of energy. Mines 4 years old and still runs every day as well as always want's to play. They naturally have a huge bird drive. I"m on water a lot so wanted a dog that loves water and he does. Love him but got him very young and trained him for my life style.

some of the short hair dogs that you think would not shed do so all the time. strange but they seem to go through 3-4 coats a year and it's really short hair so not so easy to pick up. German short hairs, Wienriemers, Vislas.

Hate to say it but if you are really set on no shedding you are probably not looking at a pound or rescue dog. Those are really hard to come by in the non shedding ability.

Good luck. Longest I've ever gone without a dog as an adult was 6 months. It was the most lonely, miserable spell in that 40 years.

Cheers all 😎👍

We always had a cat in the house growing up in the UK (given the circumstances, we couldn'rt really have looked after a dog properly), but I was set on getting a border collie when I bought my house here.

Why? Well I have border collies pretty much because of the Blue Peter dog, Shep, who, for those old enough to remember him along with John Noakes, was a thoroughly naughty little fellow. Not the best way to choose a dog, but it's worked out for me!

Thinking about it, it's quite weird how many people gravitate to a particular breed and then stay with them through the years.

However, like people, they all have different interests (mostly food!) and personality traits, so try to work closely with a breeder if you go that route. They're good at working out how even the youngest puppies will evolve into adulthood.

Be careful though, it's true what they say about dogs and their owners (don't ask)...

Name:  thumbnail_IMG_1323.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  98.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    We always had a cat in the house growing up in the UK (given the circumstances, we couldn'rt really have looked after a dog properly), but I was set on getting a border collie when I bought my house here.

Why? Well I have border collies pretty much because of the Blue Peter dog, Shep, who, for those old enough to remember him along with John Noakes, was a thoroughly naughty little fellow. Not the best way to choose a dog, but it's worked out for me!

Thinking about it, it's quite weird how many people gravitate to a particular breed and then stay with them through the years.

However, like people, they all have different interests (mostly food!) and personality traits, so try to work closely with a breeder if you go that route. They're good at working out how even the youngest puppies will evolve into adulthood.

Be careful though, it's true what they say about dogs and their owners (don't ask)...

Name:  thumbnail_IMG_1323.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  98.5 KB

……..sit down Shep….

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)