+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Halifax away

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    We don’t seem to have much luck in these draws. Most appealing thing about this competition is probably the chance to play some different teams we otherwise never would, but we just seem to draw someone in our league every single time.
    This^^^

Chit draw as usual.

We don’t seem to have much luck in these draws. Most appealing thing about this competition is probably the chance to play some different teams we otherwise never would, but we just seem to draw someone in our league every single time.
    We don't!

We have played Aveley, Hornchurch, Oxford City, Havant & Waterlooville and Morpeth Town. Last season 4 out of 5 games were against teams not in our league. Although this season the draw seems to go that way.

I want us to win every game we play and feel that these games give an opportunity for some of the fringe players to perform and to see how they fit into our style of play. An opportunity to get to Wembley as well.

Could be a good draw as we have strength in depth , we will see if they have and if they play their 2nd string. Alternatively they could play the first team and burn them out I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    We don't!

We have played Aveley, Hornchurch, Oxford City, Havant & Waterlooville and Morpeth Town. Last season 4 out of 5 games were against teams not in our league. Although this season the draw seems to go that way.
    I’m not really counting last season, with all of those games being behind closed doors. It’s not much use drawing an interesting trip to Morpeth if no one can go.

By my reckoning, we’ve had seven trophy ties that fans can attend including the upcoming Halifax one (and discounting Harrogate), six of them against fellow National League sides.

I’m not really counting last season, with all of those games being behind closed doors. It’s not much use drawing an interesting trip to Morpeth if no one can go.

By my reckoning, we’ve had seven trophy ties that fans can attend including the upcoming Halifax one (and discounting Harrogate), six of them against fellow National League sides.
    Your post said nothing about that. It was about who we have drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    You can bank on it
    I don't get that one

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    I don't get that one
    its a pun ...

I thought they were a building society?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    I thought they were a building society?
    It demutualised and thus became a part of the Bank of Scotland, old bean.

They were - yes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast