+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Players accommodation

Players accommodation

I've had an interesting conversation today ( I won't mention with who for legal reasons ) I was told that when (this lot ) took over they had plans to develop behind the Eaststand , Chalet /Hotel type accommodation for some players and Staff, It's the first I've heard about it today , the person went on to say the planned development was now mothballed , I've mentioned this before about workpeople being on site behind the Eaststand , is this another ground owning episode ? Does anyone remember any talk of such a development ? I certainly don't,
    Last edited by Romared; 17-01-2022 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I've had an interesting conversation today ( I won't mention with who for legal reasons ) I was told that when (this lot ) took over they had plans to develop behind the Eaststand , Chalet /Hotel type accommodation for some players and Staff, It's the first I've heard about it today , the person went on to say the planned development was now mothballed , I've mentioned this before about workpeople being on site behind the Eaststand , is this another ground owning episode ? Does anyone remember any talk of such a development ? I certainly don't,
    First I've heard of it Roma .

I believe if Val had got us promotion last season, the development was going to be called the Premier Inn

I’ve heard it.
    There was talk about a hotel when these owners first got the club.
    A place open to the public - but also a place that staff and players could use.

With what I have read and heard - the stalling of plans to develop the ground - has left the club stuck in 2nd gear - which is impacting the development of the 1st team.

I heard about this when they first took over but nothing since so I put it down to the rumour mill

A part of Dog Lee's wealth derives from a chain of budget hotels in China and other parts of the Far East.

# Operation Increase Big Dog's Wealth