+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: St Mirren

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I was going to point out we are going far enough wrong with him fit! The sad thing is last night he was our best attacker, he was only guy that was actually going forward and taking 2-3 players out by going past them.
    Yeah we need 11 Charlie mulgrews - provided he can play in goal !!

We are in a worrying place right now. Reflecting on last night I can’t help thinking that the team selection was what cost us.

Pick the strongest team from available players - it’s not that complicated

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Yeah we need 11 Charlie mulgrews - provided he can play in goal !!

We are in a worrying place right now. Reflecting on last night I can’t help thinking that the team selection was what cost us.

Pick the strongest team from available players - it’s not that complicated
    Totally agree. Team selection was our problem.

We seem to be back to the tombola selection system. Do we have too many players to keep happy?

Just pick our strongest team.

ps
    I always have believed that strikers should play in pairs and stick close together. One up front at home I do not like.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Last night when I saw the defence was to be Neilson, McCann, Mulgrew & Edwards I thought that should be the ticket, four big lads taking no sh*te, just clear their lines with a ‘thou shalt not pass’ attitude and we will be well on the road

Might just need to work a wee bit on the ‘take no sh*te’ and ‘thou shalt not pass’ bits
    Possibly tweak the 'just clear their lines' bit too

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    All the decisions, tactics, team selections fall Al one man’s door and he needs to be held accountable, f uck me we can’t even leave anyone up at corners ffs
    This ^^^^^^

Winds me up big style. Every corner to St. Mirren last night we put ourselves under more pressure, because we don’t leave one upfront.
    We get a corner, we’ve got two defenders covering their attacker, like most teams do.
    It’s basics FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    Totally agree. Team selection was our problem.

We seem to be back to the tombola selection system. Do we have too many players to keep happy?

Just pick our strongest team.

ps
    I always have believed that strikers should play in pairs and stick close together. One up front at home I do not like.
    One up front has killed us for years. Shanks couldn't play it. Clark can't play it. McNulty can't play it. What the chances of Watt being able to? Highly unlikely, yet here we are, persevering with it.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    One up front has killed us for years. Shanks couldn't play it. Clark can't play it. McNulty can't play it. What the chances of Watt being able to? Highly unlikely, yet here we are, persevering with it.
    Even when Watt came on he seemed to getting played a bit wide.

Get him up the middle with one of the others supporting him. I think Glass, Clark or others can all link up well and do that supporting job for him.

No more square pegs in round holes

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Even when Watt came on he seemed to getting played a bit wide.

Get him up the middle with one of the others supporting him. I think Glass, Clark or others can all link up well and do that supporting job for him.

No more square pegs in round holes
    Watt played on the left of a front three at Motherwell with Van Veen through the middle. Unfortunately we have no one in the team that can lace the boots of the big Dutchman to compliment Watt, but I guess that's why we saw him out there on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Watt played on the left of a front three at Motherwell with Van Veen through the middle. Unfortunately we have no one in the team that can lace the boots of the big Dutchman to compliment Watt, but I guess that's why we saw him out there on Tuesday.
    yeah Watt isn't a central striker. And that is spot on about Van Veen. I think he will partner Mcnulty up top to start with. Unless there is a surprise signing. If he plays watt up top on own its a waste of money in my opinion. He probably will do exactly that though.

We will lose on Saturday I reckon and if we lose to county as well its nightmare time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    yeah Watt isn't a central striker. And that is spot on about Van Veen. I think he will partner Mcnulty up top to start with. Unless there is a surprise signing. If he plays watt up top on own its a waste of money in my opinion. He probably will do exactly that though.

We will lose on Saturday I reckon and if we lose to county as well its nightmare time.
    Come next week I'll be hammering the pro-plus in that case

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post

Interesting that. Maybe this is the time when Appere can come into his own. Some great matches when he was up front with Shankland

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)