+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dominic Cummings Again

Dominic Cummings Again

Making headlines yet again saying Boris lied. What did this c unt do? What a complete waste of a human!

Why is the chap still breathing the same air as everyone else!

Boris was out of order but lets move on! This is the U.K. for you - bitching about wine and cheese parties but hundreds of dinghies continue to arrive carrying ILLEGAL immigrants!

F uck Doris and Ethel who will probably freeze to death with energy bills rocketing! Those poor poor ILLEGAL immigrants - tut tut!

Cummings, that lowlife that came up with the Barnard Castle bulls**t. Pots and kettles? What a hypocrite.

But why would anyone even think to make him Director Of Communications, especially to a PM?

It was obvious that he hated the “elite”, he’d openly stated this plenty of times in previous years and what does an Old Etonian think the definition of “elite” might be to a bloke like Cummings?

There is a total lack of nous and “university of life” type people around the upper echelons of politics these days.

Thatcher had the good sense to use Bernard Ingram, a bluff northerner who didn’t suffer fools and who understood normal people.

Blair did the same with Alistair Campbell and much though I dislike Campbell he’s remained 100% loyal to Blair and hasn’t once thrown him under the bus.

All these parties at Number 10 and the people attending them are symptomatic of a lot of that type of 25-35 year old set who’ve come straight from university into politics and never done a days proper work in their f u c k wit lives.

They drip with arrogance and a false superiority based on the schools they attended.

I wouldn’t trust any of this lot to even pack a parcel for me at work let alone work in my office.

People like this are contemptuous of people like you and me.

The strange thing is that I be as a normal ish bloke could see that these “staffers” at Number 10 would also be the sort Cummings would despise........so why invite him into such an important job.

Cummings was always intent on destroying established politics and he’s done a real “Wooden Horse Of Troy” job on Boris, he got to the inner sanctum and gained the evidence to blow things up.

I have no sympathy at all for Boris, this was always going to end like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    But why would anyone even think to make him Director Of Communications, especially to a PM?

It was obvious that he hated the “elite”, he’d openly stated this plenty of times in previous years and what does an Old Etonian think the definition of “elite” might be to a bloke like Cummings?

There is a total lack of nous and “university of life” type people around the upper echelons of politics these days.

Thatcher had the good sense to use Bernard Ingram, a bluff northerner who didn’t suffer fools and who understood normal people.

Blair did the same with Alistair Campbell and much though I dislike Campbell he’s remained 100% loyal to Blair and hasn’t once thrown him under the bus.

All these parties at Number 10 and the people attending them are symptomatic of a lot of that type of 25-35 year old set who’ve come straight from university into politics and never done a days proper work in their f u c k wit lives.

They drip with arrogance and a false superiority based on the schools they attended.

I wouldn’t trust any of this lot to even pack a parcel for me at work let alone work in my office.

People like this are contemptuous of people like you and me.

The strange thing is that I be as a normal ish bloke could see that these “staffers” at Number 10 would also be the sort Cummings would despise........so why invite him into such an important job.

Cummings was always intent on destroying established politics and he’s done a real “Wooden Horse Of Troy” job on Boris, he got to the inner sanctum and gained the evidence to blow things up.

I have no sympathy at all for Boris, this was always going to end like this.

Many that go to university do so to better their education and I applaud them as they want to achieve. Lazy people will be everywhere whether it’s somebody who couldn’t be bothered with the hard work at school or some at university who perhaps need to get their hands dirty in later life.

Let’s face it - your not going to be anything but educated going into Politics and many who have got there have done so on merit by sheer graft at school/uni. A level Politics is really hard as my son did this but Politics at uni is another huge jump!

I don’t like Starmer but he went to a state school ( Reigate Grammar ) and gained entry through the 11 plus and it only turned private whilst he was there but he paid no fees. Ripon Grammar is a state school but still the old 11 plus. Many parents within the area slate it saying it takes away the elite and weakens the other schools! Those parents who say that are bitter and twisted because their own kids are too thick to get in!

Why should the bright kids not learn together. Would you put a kid who can’t kick a football with those who are talented? No!

Starmer was bright - worked his balls off to pass the 11 plus ( state school ) then made a good career for himself with various top jobs! He did this because he was very bright and was an achiever. Good luck to him albeit - I don’t like the guy!

Education is like riding a bike - it sets a child up for life and they can always come back to it and it’s obvious they have a better chance to succeed. Whether they take it - well that’s down to them!

Unlike Starmer - I never had this opportunity of an 11 plus entrance to a state school but admit I would not have spent hours upon hours to revise and get the required results. Yes I did well but many without a good education don’t!
    Last edited by baggieal; 18-01-2022 at 08:23 AM.

If I were Cummings I would keep my head down and try to get forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    If I were Cummings I would keep my head down and try to get forgotten.
    Actually no 55, if I were Cummings surely if I just wrote a book about the government id stand to profit from all of this? Why waste the opportunity.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm just relieved for Al's sake that he doesn't know anyone who dropped dead when they passed the 11+ 😊 😉 .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I don't know about anyone else but I'm just relieved for Al's sake that he doesn't know anyone who dropped dead when they passed the 11+ 😊 😉 .

As you say with your educated guess - Val
    Is safe within the short term as Lai won’t drop dead😭

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Many that go to university do so to better their education and I applaud them as they want to achieve. Lazy people will be everywhere whether it’s somebody who couldn’t be bothered with the hard work at school or some at university who perhaps need to get their hands dirty in later life.

Let’s face it - your not going to be anything but educated going into Politics and many who have got there have done so on merit by sheer graft at school/uni. A level Politics is really hard as my son did this but Politics at uni is another huge jump!

I don’t like Starmer but he went to a state school ( Reigate Grammar ) and gained entry through the 11 plus and it only turned private whilst he was there but he paid no fees. Ripon Grammar is a state school but still the old 11 plus. Many parents within the area slate it saying it takes away the elite and weakens the other schools! Those parents who say that are bitter and twisted because their own kids are too thick to get in!

Why should the bright kids not learn together. Would you put a kid who can’t kick a football with those who are talented? No!

Starmer was bright - worked his balls off to pass the 11 plus ( state school ) then made a good career for himself with various top jobs! He did this because he was very bright and was an achiever. Good luck to him albeit - I don’t like the guy!

Education is like riding a bike - it sets a child up for life and they can always come back to it and it’s obvious they have a better chance to succeed. Whether they take it - well that’s down to them!

Unlike Starmer - I never had this opportunity of an 11 plus entrance to a state school but admit I would not have spent hours upon hours to revise and get the required results. Yes I did well but many without a good education don’t!
    You’ve completely missed my point.

How can you possibly reach the control room of the country with no real and proper experience of life?

I’ve spoken with a few policemen I’ve known over the last 25 years and the general consensus amongst them is that since our police force started “fast tracking” university grads into senior positions the force has become the ultra “PC” mess it is now.

There are so many careers where a good education is absolutely needed, I 100% agree with that but there’s some occupations that benefit from life experience and having started at the ground level within that career.

If Albion suddenly introduced a 25 year old university grad as the next manager there would be absolute fury amongst fans and rightly so.

My stance with those running government is that they need to have a “rounded” experience in life and not be leaving Oxford, Cambridge or Elton and immediately working in Number 10.

I wonder if many disagree with me on this?

I’d much rather see 35-45 year olds with a full life experience AND a first class degree say advising and helping manage government.....without doubt that is the best recipe in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    You’ve completely missed my point.

How can you possibly reach the control room of the country with no real and proper experience of life?

I’ve spoken with a few policemen I’ve known over the last 25 years and the general consensus amongst them is that since our police force started “fast tracking” university grads into senior positions the force has become the ultra “PC” mess it is now.

There are so many careers where a good education is absolutely needed, I 100% agree with that but there’s some occupations that benefit from life experience and having started at the ground level within that career.

If Albion suddenly introduced a 25 year old university grad as the next manager there would be absolute fury amongst fans and rightly so.

My stance with those running government is that they need to have a “rounded” experience in life and not be leaving Oxford, Cambridge or Elton and immediately working in Number 10.

I wonder if many disagree with me on this?

I’d much rather see 35-45 year olds with a full life experience AND a first class degree say advising and helping manage government.....without doubt that is the best recipe in most cases.

Let’s beg to differ! Starmer went to a state school and worked his balls off to get where he is by taking various top jobs! Good luck to him!

I agree life experience in sales - customer service etc is fantastic which is why many youngsters who are at uni take summer jobs.

I am not bitter to those who have had fantastic opportunities ie university and most go on to succeed. I wish I had those opportunities.

You and me are exceptions who have done well but it’s a fact of life those with uni experience and a good education on the whole will succeed over kids who have left school with nothing to show. Not always but in most occasions and a lot of it is called expectation of life and a career.

I am glad my kids have had a great education and now reaping the benefit of fantastic jobs. That’s my point!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)