+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burnley game off yet again

Burnley game off yet again

Tomorrow v Watford is now off its becoming a disgusting joke now the amount of games some clubs are calling off hopefully by the time they actually bother to play a game they will be marooned at the bottom with no escape.

It could massively backfire with the number of games they are going to have to play on after enough.

I to a degree agree with Neville saying clubs are now using it as an excuse to delay games till their best players are back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    It could massively backfire with the number of games they are going to have to play on after enough.

I to a degree agree with Neville saying clubs are now using it as an excuse to delay games till their best players are back.
    Yes thats right they are and the PL are falling for it big time, play the game or forfeit the three points they will soon be putting out a team

To be honest, I don't think we're in any position to carp, having had 2 called off ourselves.

The PL have created this mess entirely on their own. If they'd said 'Covid only' as a valid excuse then fair enough, but Arsenal cited Covid, injuries and AFCON when they asked for theirs to be postponed.

Suspect that it''ll end up costing Burnley. Don't have anything against them, either. A proper, old-fashioned, un-glamorous club holding their own against the bigger clubs. Fair play to 'em.

2 Games isnt to bad most teams have done that but Burnley seem to be calling off endless matches and taking advantage of the whole thing.

To be fair to Burnley here.

It was Everton and Leciester that got 2 of their games called off, just happened to be Burnley they were playing.

Villa fan in Peace, this is going to work against you as Burnley will know exactly whats needed come the end if the season ie they may only need two draws to stay up.... but didn't you also call off a couple? I think you should play the games or give up the 3 pts!

Evening, Dave,

Aye, I guess it could go both ways. It will more than likely catch up with them in terms of fitness and injuries but, I agree, they will have a better idea of what they need to do and could alter their tactics accordingly.

They might know what they need to do, but so what… they’ll either have to win (in which case they go all out and risk getting caught on the counter), they might just need a draw (but that’s always risky as we well know)… so really doesn’t make any difference at all.

They will have fixture congestion at some point, and likely when COVID cases are down and other teams aren’t calling off games… so they’ll not be able to call it off or even postpone it again if it is towards the end of the season.

IF we were to actually go and get 3 points while they aren’t playing, then even with games in hand there will be a psychological impact of being lower in the table.

Got nothing against Burnley at all, team or manager or fans, but they are definitely in the mix with us… so rather they go down than us 😉

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Villa fan in Peace, this is going to work against you as Burnley will know exactly whats needed come the end if the season ie they may only need two draws to stay up.... but didn't you also call off a couple? I think you should play the games or give up the 3 pts!
    That is quite possible but their is also the teams they are playing. They will need to be doing things.

So Burnley might play for the draw but if the clubs they are playing need a win. . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)