+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EFL Statement

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Or 3. The preferred bidder decides the claims are worth losing and stumping up any resulting payments
    It is an option, but as the potential value of the claims exceeds the value of the club, no bidder is going to take up that option, they might be able to reach an agreement with Boro and Wycombe, though it may well be cheaper to liquidate the club and start again!

It appears now that the first stumbling block is the EFL deciding not to decide if the 2 claims would be treated as football or non-football debts.

Football debt would see any new owner liable for up to the reported £51M total of the 2 claims. Non-football would mean the max is just south of £13M.

Is there any substance to the claims? Admin thinks there isn't. The 2 clubs concerned think there is.

Then you have the way this all started. Reported again yesterday (or the day before) that Boro agreed to drop their >£100M case against the EFL provided the EFL went after Derby. They have done that with all the gusto of a buck in a field full of does. Are they scared that, if they lose Boro will reinstate the £100M case?

Again yesterday, a report that Gibson's fit of pique all started when we nicked Waggy from under his nose at the start of the 18/19 season. If true, the bloke really knows how to hold a grudge. Petty? Looks that way. Vindictive? Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    It appears now that the first stumbling block is the EFL deciding not to decide if the 2 claims would be treated as football or non-football debts.

Football debt would see any new owner liable for up to the reported £51M total of the 2 claims. Non-football would mean the max is just south of £13M.

Is there any substance to the claims? Admin thinks there isn't. The 2 clubs concerned think there is.

Then you have the way this all started. Reported again yesterday (or the day before) that Boro agreed to drop their >£100M case against the EFL provided the EFL went after Derby. They have done that with all the gusto of a buck in a field full of does. Are they scared that, if they lose Boro will reinstate the £100M case?

Again yesterday, a report that Gibson's fit of pique all started when we nicked Waggy from under his nose at the start of the 18/19 season. If true, the bloke really knows how to hold a grudge. Petty? Looks that way. Vindictive? Ditto.
    I read this and can't help recalling Brian Clough saying that live football matches will be the death of football.
    Look at the greed/nastiness/corruption it has spawned since then.
    He must be spitting blood

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I read this and can't help recalling Brian Clough saying that live football matches will be the death of football.
    Look at the greed/nastiness/corruption it has spawned since then.
    He must be spitting blood
    ... on the same theme TTR, I wonder what BC would have said on nationwide TV to Gibson under these circumstances....

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    ... on the same theme TTR, I wonder what BC would have said on nationwide TV to Gibson under these circumstances....
    He didn't like chairmen, god knows what he'd think of owners

4 days ago I emailed the following to the EFL...

I would respectfully ask the EFL to urgently investigate the MFC and WWFC claims against Derby County to ascertain whether the claims are, as Quantuma suspect, against EFL rules. The urgency is due to DCFC having until the end of the month to provide proof of sufficient funds to complete the season or face further sanctions. These two, IMO spurious, claims are the stumbling block to the sale of DCFC and without the sale, securing the £7M said to be needed for the rest of the season will prove nigh on impossible. Rick Parry is reported to not know the foundation of the 2 claims, I would respectfully suggest that he ought to already know the perceived justifications for the claims. If they are against EFL rules I would hope that the EFL will take the necessary action in a timely manner.
    Thank you for your emails, we acknowledge your comments and recognise this is a concerning time for all those connected to the Club.

As we note you have already seen, On Monday 17 January the EFL released a statement in the form of a Q&A from Chief Executive Trevor Birch, in order to comment on a number of recent reports, social media comment and fan communication in relation to ongoing matters at Derby County. The Q&A can be read here (Amster - read here is a link to the EFL Staement you all will have seen) but a number of relevant comments from it have been provided below in order to address some of the points you raise.

The EFL is taking proactive steps to work with the Administrators to find sensible solutions that will see the Club secure a long-term future and meet the requirements as set out in EFL Regulations and the League’s Insolvency Policy.
    The aims of the Insolvency Policy are to try and ensure a continuation of a football Club, the settlement of all football debts and the satisfaction of creditors. Part of the League’s rationale for requiring the settlement of creditors is to preserve competition integrity. In this respect the current situation remains challenging as Middlesbrough and Wycombe Wanderers consider their claims should be protected under the terms of the Insolvency Policy but the Administrators disagree. Further, as those claims are not yet determined, the Administrators and bidders have no clarity on the size of any (if any) liability.

The EFL is not a party to those proceedings and nor does it have a role in determining the outcome of them, however it is keen to try and resolve the current impasse. The EFL invited each of the Administrators, Middlesbrough FC, and Wycombe Wanderers to make submissions last week, and we are now in the process of reviewing those submissions with a view to identifying a route to resolve the conflict which exists between the respective positions of, on the one hand, Derby County, and on the other Middlesbrough and Wycombe Wanderers.

As outlined in the Q&A, this is a complicated set of circumstances that requires consideration of the EFL’s broader role as the body that oversees 72 member Clubs and not just those Clubs that may be affected at any one time. To try and simplify what is a complex legal position is not simple or straightforward but we are committed to finding an appropriate solution and providing clarity on the issue as soon as possible.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.
    I have replied thanking them for their response and also repeating the original question of whether the claims break EFL rules.

I'll keep you posted.

and another EFL statement

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/januar...county-update/

winviz now at 85%

EFL statement: Defensive, seem highly concerned and worried of retribution in terms of general feeling, and I suspect legal claims.
    Gibson open letter: Written by a 5 year old? Asking questions he has no right to know the answers too. Trying to put it all in public. Seems extremely worried that he doesn't really have a case, and is trying to salvage something. Desperate.
    Administrator statement: Candid. Cards to the chest, not giving anything away that might be used against them. Have probably made some errors throughout proceedings, but are quite rightly not being dragged into the public cat fight.

I'm not confident by any means, but I think the Admins are playing the right tactic, even if it does temper fan engagement. EFL and Gibson just seem desperate.

At the moment its three stubborn headed parties jostling to (a) protect their position / cover their arses and (b) try to garner some sort of public sympathy for their respective positions.

The Mexican stand off. This will stay like this until one of them blinks. Who will blink first? Not Gibson as he has nothing to lose apart from a potential few quid settlement. Not the EFL as they would simply open themselves up to litigation whichever way they determine the question of football creditor. Not the administrators as they dont have much skin in the game - in fact they would make more money if they continue on into becoming liquidators.

How will it end if noone blinks? Gibson will become most hated man in the county. EFL will probably be deemed not fit for purpose. The football league will be thrown into chaos as all teams will start to sue each other - radical overhaul will be needed everywhere. And DCFC will die a slow and tortured death but in 10 years time might be back where we are now. As for me, I probably wont see the triumphal return to the higher ecehlons - so enjoy it y'all

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)