+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EFL Statement

EFL Statement

Reported by DET under this link

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...county-6507526

My 'key salients' analysis, if you can't be bothered to fight through the adverts, is:

The Middlesborough grievance is already subject to an arbitration process that EFL have no influence on

The Middlesborough grievance is at a less advanced stage

Derby CAN toddle along in administration until 22nd March 2023 if it can be funded day to day (the statement infers that, I worked out the date)

The two claims APPEAR to be be the only things delaying a sale to preferred bidder

Middlesborough/Wycombe's and The Administrators interpretation of law (as opposed to EFL rules) differ

EFL are being careful not to do anything to Derby's benefit and/or Middlesborough's/Wycombe's detriment that will result in EFL itself being subject to litigation from any EFL members (or all of them Iguess)

I see the item in bold, and the glacially slow timescales to resolve such things, as being what will sink us
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 17-01-2022 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Reported by DET under this link

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...county-6507526

My 'key salients' analysis, if you can't be bothered to fight through the adverts, is:

The Middlesborough grievance is already subject to an arbitration process that EFL have no influence on

The Middlesborough grievance is at a less advanced stage

Derby CAN toddle along in administration until 22nd March 2023 if it can be funded day to day (the statement infers that, I worked out the date)

The two claims APPEAR to be be the only things delaying a sale to preferred bidder

Middlesborough/Wycombe's and The Administrators interpretation of law (as opposed to EFL rules) differ

EFL are being careful not to do anything to Derby's benefit and/or Middlesborough's/Wycombe's detriment that will result in EFL itself being subject to litigation from any EFL members (or all of them Iguess)

I see the item in bold, and the glacially slow timescales to resolve such things, as being what will sink us
    There seem to be only two options.

1. The Administrators are able to convince the EFL that under their rules, the claims can be compromised.

2. The preferred bidder is able to reach an agreement with both Boro and Wycombe. Which could well be along the lines of, if you persist the club will go into liquidation and you will get nowt, but it will be made very public that it was your actions that led to this.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

1. The Administrators are able to convince the EFL that under their rules, the claims can be compromised.

2. The preferred bidder is able to reach an agreement with both Boro and Wycombe. Which could well be along the lines of, if you persist the club will go into liquidation and you will get nowt, but it will be made very public that it was your actions that led to this.
    Or 3. The preferred bidder decides the claims are worth losing and stumping up any resulting payments

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

One thing I've noticed reading through some of the early reponses online, many of those commenting are letting their passion get in the way of some of the facts, there aresome pretty irrational lines of argument doing the rounds.

In my own personal opinion...
    I read it as, the EFL have "discretion" to interpret their own rules in any way they see fit, which seems to be at the detriment of DCFC and anyone dependant upon it.
    The corruption is as plain as a brown envelope. The denial of vendettas and conflict of interest tells it's own story.
    I don't believe someone not being in the room means that they have no influence, absolute rubbish.

Moving from options to possible outcomes there would appear to be three.

1. Derby County are relegated to League One.
    2. Derby County are liquidated.
    3. We continue to fight as we have been doing and survive as a Championship team next season.

It seems unlikely to me that Middlesbrough and Wycombe would want to be ultimately blamed for outcome #2.
    It also seems unlikely to me that with no new signings and the loss of crucial players...Jagielka, Shinnie and quite possibly Knight (at least)...that outcome #3 will remain possible.
    However, so long as the Boro’ ‘claim’ remains in place for just another 13 days then we will be unable to sign any reinforcements and maybe lose more players making outcome #1 inevitable...i.e. job done...vengeance for Boro’, Wycombe and the EFL.

Without huge and speedy intervention I’d expect Boro’ and Wycombe to maintain their claims until sometime after the window closes. I doubt they can win their cases but by then the damage will be done in terms of near certain relegation and the EFL will have achieved their aim.

Exactly, rA. These legal actions are just being used to cloud any takeover prospect and maybe even prevent one. the litigants can smell an opportunity to make a fast buck from a crippled team - not unlike the hyenas and vultures circling the antelope that has already been brought down by the lion (or, in our case, tripped over its own bloody feet and fallen down the cliff).

I don't understand the motivation behind these actions, other than a simple matter of spite. Whether its option 1 or 2 seems to depend on the intensity of that spite. The EFL are stuck between a rock and a hard place and it will need the litigant clubs, our hoped for owners or our past owner to resolve this.

Morally MM should clean up the mess he has created - but that doesn't seem likely. Potential owners will shy away from the risk - however remote - of taking fiscal responsibility for any litigation outcome to Middlesboro and Wycombe. M'ddlesbro and Wycombe will let the whole thing play out; doubtless they have no expectation of getting any money, but they want their pound of flesh for a perceived injustice.

The administrators and the EFL are caught in the quagmire, not really able to do much beyond try to negotiate between three what appear to be immovable objects. The longer it lingers, the more likely outcome option 2 is. In cricketing terms, I'd say option 2 is now around 57% on WinViz.

If Derby go into liquidation, the players become free agents I believe and can go anywhere they like for free. The creditors get nowt.

I believe that is correct MA as all contracts would automatically terminate. Creditors get a greatly reduced dividend, including the two litigant clubs but IMHO their claim is baseless anyway, so they aren't actually losing out on anything - just satisfying a blood lust by wiping us off the face of the planet and making sure HMRC get even less.

Our biggest ally in this whole mess might be HMRC. The players are on the books for approx £ 40m although only valued at £ 18.5m. so if that asset is wiped out wiped out te preferred creditor pool becomes negative and anyone below HMRC gets nowt including season ticket holder refunds and the EFL themselves re COVID loans

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    If Derby go into liquidation, the players become free agents I believe and can go anywhere they like for free. The creditors get nowt.
    Correct, liquidation is the worst option for everyone, except (imo and see my comment on Phoenix clubs elsewhere) ‘new Derby’ - oh and Mel Morris who could lease the ground to the new club

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)