+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO CAM can you get to Mexborough next week.

FAO CAM can you get to Mexborough next week.

The Totty Cup, meanwhile, was first played in 1923 as a competition for local junior school teams.

“By using archive photographs, the talk will exam these and other local football competitions as well as taking a look at the district famous players and local heroes.”

The meeting is being held at 7.30pm on Wednesday, January 26, at Mexborough Athletic Social Club on New Oxford Road.

Admission is £2.50 for non-members and £1.50 for members.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    The Totty Cup, meanwhile, was first played in 1923 as a competition for local junior school teams.

“By using archive photographs, the talk will exam these and other local football competitions as well as taking a look at the district famous players and local heroes.”

The meeting is being held at 7.30pm on Wednesday, January 26, at Mexborough Athletic Social Club on New Oxford Road.

Admission is £2.50 for non-members and £1.50 for members.
    I can probably get there but I can't afford the £2.50 admission

On a serious note it would be interesting to attend. As they are also looking at the areas local heroes/famous players I'm sure Ian Banks will probably be mentioned and might even attend. I could then remind him that Monkwood beat Mexborough Doncaster Road 12-2 in the Totty Cup Q Finals (and yes he scored their 2).

Anybody interested in local football it should be a good night.

I will see if they can do you a video link.

Banger will feel at home at Mexborough Athletic as it's where MGS used to play their English Schools Cup games. If my memory serves me right, one of my classmates also became head steward there and was fired for embezzlement