+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Haw Blackdog #2

Haw Blackdog #2

I spend a lot of last night researching Norwegian black metal bands and especially Varg Vikerness,have you heard of him or his band,there's some seriously bad s.hit that goes on in the music world of Norway,it's not all Aha and pretty boy pop

The long Winter evenings must simply fly by.

I'm happy to sit in the early hours of the morning widening my knowledge of music,it was quite easy to make the jump from Iron Maiden to Norwegian black metal bands and Varg as Maiden was a major influence on him,don't be scared to broaden your musical tastes Griff

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    I spend a lot of last night researching Norwegian black metal bands and especially Varg Vikerness,have you heard of him or his band,there's some seriously bad s.hit that goes on in the music world of Norway,it's not all Aha and pretty boy pop
    Wasn't Varg Vikerness in the European Song Contest a couple of years ago.

Nul Points?

I also listened to Ricky Gervais My Life In A Mixtape last night on BBC Sounds,now I can't stand Gervais,there's nothing that he's done that has interested me in the slightest and is only topped by Jim Carrey to the speed in which I will grab the remote control to turn over but what a taste in music he has,it mirrors mine almost exactly,but that got me thinking,if he had worked at the hospital which I worked at I wouldn't have really have had much to do with him,given him a bit of a wide berth because of his so called comedy antics in the tea room but we've so much in common music wise I bet that we would have been mates if I had only got to have known him better,he played Nick Caves Into My Arms which is one of the most beautiful songs that I know,I'm always telling people to look beyond who you seen and try to see inside them,maybe I should listen to my own advice

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    Wasn't Varg Vikerness in the European Song Contest a couple of years ago.

Nul Points?
    Yes that's him howoldboy,he changed his musical direction around 2018 or so

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Yes that's him howoldboy,he changed his musical direction around 2018 or so
    I think I saw him at a folk festival in Kent a few years ago.

Varg Vikerness in Dungerness.

Sorry Chalky, been to a supplier this morning & then had to set my Sat Nav to remind me where my office was 🤣

Can’t say I have looked at or listened to many new bands in a very long time tbh.. the odd song I hear on Planet Rock by a new band may be ok but wouldn’t rush out to buy an album for anyone..

Was talking to the daughter about such things over the weekend at we are going to see Saxon supported by Uriah Heap, Girlschool & Diamond Head in a couple of weeks & think I have mentioned this before, we are going to Download this year, have full weekend passes but apart from the Friday & Saturday night headliners of Kiss & Iron Maiden.. out of the other 100 or so bands playing, like 1 or 2 Airbourne/Megadeath songs. Apart from that would not cross the street to see anyone else & if they were playing over the road would report them to the Council for noise & not even going on the Sunday..

To be honest, when you consider the price of a ticket nowadays compared to a fiver back in the 80’s.. it’s not bad to see who I want at download compared to nearly £200 to see the very overrated Guns & Roses & nearly fell off Coco’s perch when I say the price they wanted for stalls tickets for Genesis at £800 - £1200 at the MEN Arena or whatever it’s called now..

Ps.. not sure if you have your phone back yet but there is an interesting e mail from the Dale Trust.

Yeah Download is good value for money when you consider the bands that you get to see,the prices for Genesis was outrageous at some venues,I priced one up for my myself and it was a crap view right at the back and those was going for £150 or summat so I didn't bother,back in the 60/70/80's you could see a top band for a reasonable price so I don't know what spiked the prices along the way,I'm going to see the Barenaked Ladies in March and I've had the ticket for over three years now because it's been cancelled several times due to the bug,that will be it then,I won't bother going to gigs as I've seen most of who I've wanted to see

I've not got my mobile back yet but I can access email via my tablet and I've read that email that you mention and it's mental what's going on,it must be serious for the Trust to say not to publish the email online anywhere

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)