+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp - WEEK 25

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    Not all Cumberland sausages are curly Chalky.

I prefer a long straight one.
    I've just googled it and obviously you are right howoldboy,there are straight ones but I've never seen one,if it's a 'Traditional Cumberland Sausage' then it's a protected species can can only be made in Cumbria,I will take a more observant look the next time that I'm in Morrisons

Never underestimate the length of a Cumberland sausage!
    If a couple of dozen sausages turned up mysteriously on your doorstep would you turn a blind eye to some dubious point tallying in the prediction comp 😉😉

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Would you say that traditional Cumberland sausages are only bought in Cumbria? A bit like proper pork pies are only available from Melton Mowbray?
    Link to BBC article from 2011 attached

"Cumberland sausage has been successful in its bid to be made only in Cumbria.

It now ranks alongside the likes of Champagne, Parma ham and Greek feta cheese in having Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) status under EU law.

The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) said the move would guarantee its heritage and be a major boost for Cumbria's butchers.

Other protected UK food and drink products include Cornish clotted cream and Stilton cheese.

To display the PGI mark, the sausage must be produced, processed and prepared in Cumbria and have a meat content of at least 80%.

Recipes vary from butcher to butcher, but must include seasoning and be sold in a long coil."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...ilton%20cheese.

If a couple of dozen sausages turned up mysteriously on your doorstep would you turn a blind eye to some dubious point tallying in the prediction comp ����
    Undoubtedly Chalky.

Sausages and pies have always been a fatal weakness.

I've never had a Cumberland sausage either,I wouldn't mind trying a traditional one rather than as mass produced one to try tbh,they sell rag puddings in Rochdale and I bought some online and loved them,I will see what's available as the flavour differs from butcher to butcher from what I can gather but leave it with me

Undoubtedly Chalky.

Sausages and pies have always been a fatal weakness.
    Say no more squire 😊

Chalky, wash your mouth out. Even if you bought a stone of Cumberland sausage it would be ONE sausage. Sausages ffs. I once saw one a quarter of a mile long in a refrigerated trailer in Keswick. If it comes as a pack of 6 or 8 in Morrisons IT ISN’T CUMBERLAND SAUSAGE. Not to mention where it was made.And how.

Yes I understand what you are saying Griff but what if I bought a curly traditional Cumberland sausage and then bought another curly traditional Cumberland sausage then I would have some sausages wouldn't I?
    What's the point in making a sausage a quarter of a mile long anyhow,even curled up it's gonna be a git to fit into the oven

GROUP A
    Birmingham v Barnsley 1-0
    Bournemouth v Hull H
    Reading v Huddersfield 0-2
    WBA v Peterborough H

GROUP B
    Burton v Wimbledon A
    Charlton v Fleetwood D
    MK Dons v Doncaster 3-0
    Wigan v Gillingham 3-0

GROUP C
    Barrow v Mansfield 1-2
    Forest Green v Carlisle D
    Hartlepool v Stevenage D
    Walsall v Exeter 1-1

Yes I understand what you are saying Griff but what if I bought a curly traditional Cumberland sausage and then bought another curly traditional Cumberland sausage then I would have some sausages wouldn't I?
    What's the point in making a sausage a quarter of a mile long anyhow,even curled up it's gonna be a git to fit into the oven
    Chalky,around here I’ve heard sausage ordered by the yard, and mince by the handful. It’s about how many it’s for. Last night I went to a pie and peas supper at our village hall (I know how to live and the bar was open) and one slab pie provided 24 portions. From Tony Harrison’s butchers in C­Cockermouth where a look in his shop window would have your mouth watering.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)