+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BBC Licence fee is a

BBC Licence fee is a

good idea. This seems to be the prevailing opinion that is being broadcast on all channels.

For those who earn their revenue through subscriptions like Amazon Prime and Netflix it just makes no sense to run a broadcasting organisation that spends shedloads of money on current affair programmes, news presenters, news teams and researchers who work away to create a short 2-3minute bit of information and then spend anoth 5-10 minutes talking about it, getting the general public to comment. 15 minutes tops and the product is almost valueless.

for the BBC they must know that there is a big change in how TV programmes are delivered to the marketplace. I think the BBC is a bit like The Courier. The demographics are predominantly older people who are fairly set in their ways. Breakfast News, morning paper, evening news etc. They are not interested in 24hour news.

If the future for the printed press is looking like the same future for the BBC then there will be fewer licence payers and that trend is probably very well developed.

Just interested in how this will play out because there have been quite vociferous criticism of MSM and how they deliver an agenda which may not be the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    good idea. This seems to be the prevailing opinion that is being broadcast on all channels.

For those who earn their revenue through subscriptions like Amazon Prime and Netflix it just makes no sense to run a broadcasting organisation that spends shedloads of money on current affair programmes, news presenters, news teams and researchers who work away to create a short 2-3minute bit of information and then spend anoth 5-10 minutes talking about it, getting the general public to comment. 15 minutes tops and the product is almost valueless.

for the BBC they must know that there is a big change in how TV programmes are delivered to the marketplace. I think the BBC is a bit like The Courier. The demographics are predominantly older people who are fairly set in their ways. Breakfast News, morning paper, evening news etc. They are not interested in 24hour news.

If the future for the printed press is looking like the same future for the BBC then there will be fewer licence payers and that trend is probably very well developed.

Just interested in how this will play out because there have been quite vociferous criticism of MSM and how they deliver an agenda which may not be the whole story.
    BBC is biased, woke, anti white, anti Christian, anti hetro***ual, anti male.

Archaic nonsense that TV licence still in existence.

So I'm 50/50....😀

F*** the BBC and all who sail in her

Quote Originally Posted by davydook View Post
    F*** the BBC and all who sail in her
    Well said

A bargain!

Most people don't want to pay for the TV licence as they see t money going to the BBC, but in most European countries, you have to have a radio/tv licence, although I don't know what costs are involved.
    It annoys me as a licence holder that I have to sign in to the BBC I player.
    BBC have always been leaders in drama and the world service is fantastic.
    I was working in the bush in South Africa in the early 70's and the first time I tuned in to the world service, I received a live report of the whole game at Dens Park ,Dundee v St mirren you got a Scottish game every week.
    I do think the licence system needs to be phased out, but no doubt some other charge will takes it place

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)