+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Match off tonight frozen pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Yes Jimmy had a brother Mick,you are right about Jimmy a bit of a nutter but in a nice way.
    Any idea if they are still alive Lol? As we awaited our A level results, Mick, me and 4 others from MGS went on a two week caravan holiday to Great Yarmouth. I'll never forget the lesson Mick learned about the perils of frying bacon without a shirt on

Memory isn't what it used to be but I seem to recall Jimmy had worked as a chef in the Merchant Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Any idea if they are still alive Lol? As we awaited our A level results, Mick, me and 4 others from MGS went on a two week caravan holiday to Great Yarmouth. I'll never forget the lesson Mick learned about the perils of frying bacon without a shirt on

Memory isn't what it used to be but I seem to recall Jimmy had worked as a chef in the Merchant Navy.
    Yes they are all well,Jimmy in deed worked in the Merchant Navy.He worked on the Queens Boat for a while.Not seen Mick for a while but his Sister says he is ok.Jimmy some how acquired some cutlery of the Queens boat & drank & ate for a week of the proceeds in Hong Kong.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 20-01-2022 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Yes they are all well,Jimmy in deed worked in the Merchant Navy.He worked on the Queens Boat for a while.Not seen Mick for a while but his Sister says he is ok.Jimmy some how acquired some cutlery of the Queens boat & drank & ate for a week of the proceeds in Hong Kong.
    Thanks Lol. If you ever bump into Mick, ask him about his 1979 vacation in Great Yarmouth!

Drove past NYS last night and the heat lamps were glowing away on the pitch. Shows that some effort is going on at least to avoid another game being postponed due to lack of covers etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Drove past NYS last night and the heat lamps were glowing away on the pitch. Shows that some effort is going on at least to avoid another game being postponed due to lack of covers etc.
    Hope it doesn’t back fire on us like it did for Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I think they are used to encourage grass growth more than thawing the pitch out…..unless someone trespasses into ground and theyve got a pop up cannabis farm…

Seriously what’s going off between the two clubs? Playground

Rotherham United
    @OfficialRUFC
    READ | Central League Cup tie with Imps postponed

The Reserve's Central League Cup fixture with Lincoln City, originally scheduled for Tuesday 25th January, has been postponed.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    I think they are used to encourage grass growth more than thawing the pitch out…..unless someone trespasses into ground and theyve got a pop up cannabis farm…
    Think you’re right pal but 6.30pm is a bit late in the evening considering the drop in the temp.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910