+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Match off tonight frozen pitch

Match off tonight frozen pitch

I know this is on another post but folk might spot it easier from here.

I expected that somehow seeing how the weather has been so poor.
    Last edited by Brin; 18-01-2022 at 02:29 PM.

From an official email,

View this email in your browser

Rotherham United’s Sky Bet League One fixture with Lincoln City scheduled to take place this evening at 7:45pm at AESSEAL New York Stadium has been postponed as a result of a frozen pitch.

Having being made aware of concerns regarding the pitch’s condition by our grounds staff, the match referee carried out at an inspection earlier this afternoon, at which time it was decided that the frozen surface would pose a safety risk to players of both teams.

The frost covers had been in place overnight but certain areas of the pitch - which are not exposed to sunlight during the winter months - did not and are not set to reach temperatures high enough to thaw.

At least it's a re arranged HOME match. Not much travelling for most to attend once a new date has been set.

Really surprised at this as my back garden is playable even though it doesnt see the sun. That said its not big enough for 11 a-side

Very strange when you consider most part of the day the temperature has been between 8 and 9 degrees.The sun is in the same position every year so I can't work out how we haven't had many,many more postponements over the last 10 years especially when you consider this has been the mildest January within that decade!

Its the sunniest its been for days.
    Temp is due to be 5 degrees
    We've played in much colder, snowy and icier conditions than today.
    Seems a strange one.
    I'm really surprised.

Probably as well, Form not too hot atm.

Lincoln fans kicking off about us running scared. It’s a bit like us saying the same things when the game was postponed over Christmas because they couldn’t raise a team.
    Some people might say that but I couldn’t possibly comment.

I know nothing about it, but given that it's about 6 degrees outside that seems very poor. Looks like somebody hasn't done their job right.

We ran scared of Accy and Fleetwood what makes them any different...

I must admit I wasn't looking forards to a cold, miserable neet toneet on the pitch...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 18-01-2022 at 02:50 PM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast