+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please NO dismissal for Val without better replacement secured!

Please NO dismissal for Val without better replacement secured!

We have a poor record of ‘knee jerk’ sackings without any clearly better replacement keen to accept the vacant position.
    No interim nonsense…the devil you know for me.

Failure to get six points in the next two home games would not be a knee jerk sacking! The football is poor - discipline record is shocking and poor players are selected every match ie Hugill - Livermore etc.

Worst West Brom team seen for money years! Look at the quality of the side that lost to Villa in the play off against the present squad! It’s frightening!

Look how far Brentford and Leeds have come and then you will see how far we have gone backwards!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Failure to get six points in the next two home games would not be a knee jerk sacking! The football is poor - discipline record is shocking and poor players are selected every match ie Hugill - Livermore etc.

Worst West Brom team seen for money years! Look at the quality of the side that lost to Villa in the play off against the present squad! It’s frightening!

Look how far Brentford and Leeds have come and then you will see how far we have gone backwards!
    Notwithstanding, baggieal buddy, I would prefer to avoid dismissing him without a better replacement available and interested.
    My ‘knee jerk’ reference relates to such an unthought out reaction, wherein we end up employing whoever is on the market !

I’ve said before that there’s no point in changing managers until the Chinese runt is gone. The management structure at the club would be just as unsupportive of anyone else. Take a listen to Graham Potter’s comments when asked about the Everton job; he was absolutely correct by saying that most managers are average but with a great team behind them they too will thrive. He was specifically referring to the Brighton owner and Dan Ashworth.

He was given a four year contract and two years to get us up so I can't see him getting sacked just because we are poor at the moment. We seem to have gone to bo**ox as soon as we lost O'Shea for some reason. I'm hoping when everyone is available and just maybe another decent midfielder being bought in we might have a change around of fortunes, I emphasise Might!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Notwithstanding, baggieal buddy, I would prefer to avoid dismissing him without a better replacement available and interested.
    My ‘knee jerk’ reference relates to such an unthought out reaction, wherein we end up employing whoever is on the market !

Agree with this Prando! Get all the players back - no more suspensions - O'Shea back - Dike firing - one quality midfielder then things could be different. I question even if Val went - who would want to come without a decent budget and there isn't one!

What I don't understand is why we appear to be targeting another striker when we are crying out for a creative midfielder with an engine. Surely this should be our number one priority. We have Dike, Phillips, Robinson, Grant, Diangana plus the fact that we look to be stuck with Hugill and Zohore. If Ismael can't get a tune from that group there's something wrong. The defence will be OK when they're all back. If he thinks another striker is the answer and no addition to the midfield then I think that says it all. Of course, this may be all paper talk, if so, I take it all back.

All so ffing tragic.

I am not condoning the sacking of Val, but said it at the time that I wanted Wilder as is was proven and more importantly he was free after his sacking.

To pay £2m for a manager with about 6 months tier experience and give him a 4 year deal just because the p rick wanted a yes man still makes me want to cry.

Look at what Wilder has done for Boro (my dark horse top 2 now).

It's not that the c??? could understand any criticism Wilder may have directed his way, so we could have put a positive spin on any interpretation sent to the bell end if he ever bothered reading it.

Wilder looked nailed on at one point. Would have been a good fit for a club like ours. But then this b*ll*x about Wilder criticising Saudi owners for not spending money came out ... and Lai ran to the hills ....

Can’t see who would want to come in and replace Val with the current structure. Makes you cry when you see Potter and Ashworth doing well at Brighton _ should have been us. It could take us years to get back to where we were .... and probably not until Lai goes ...

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    What I don't understand is why we appear to be targeting another striker when we are crying out for a creative midfielder with an engine. Surely this should be our number one priority. We have Dike, Phillips, Robinson, Grant, Diangana plus the fact that we look to be stuck with Hugill and Zohore. If Ismael can't get a tune from that group there's something wrong. The defence will be OK when they're all back. If he thinks another striker is the answer and no addition to the midfield then I think that says it all. Of course, this may be all paper talk, if so, I take it all back.
    I think he is looking to off load Zahore and send Hugill back the issue we have is Robinson, Grant and Diangana all prefer to play on the left and i'm not sure he will want another midfielder as he is not going to change the system anytime soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)