+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What has happened to this forum ?????

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    It was the guy from Garstang who was a Preston fan using the name Thor, wound everyone up - He hasn't posted for a couple of years, I tried on the Preston site 'Sutty's place' to see what had happened to him but they are very inactive and didn't get a response. He did have health issues so fear he has moved on.
    Was he OZ though? thought was Swedish Norwegian something like that

Noticeable that the wind up merchants from other sites are far less likely to come on here now we are in the prem. seemed to be a few from Millwall and Derby that delighted in our misery oh and a few from that second rate city in South Yorkshire.

To be fair hopey we gave em good reason to take the piss when looking back through various seasons but it did have a 'hate/anti Leeds' agenda attached to it as well.

One thing I will say is Karma has well and truly shafted quite a few of those piss takers over the last few years.

We're Looking at Leeds and having a laugh - Leeds are falling apart again - bless em

How could anyone hate Leeds Rev,just good banter I think.

Oz,

I remember Thor. actually enjoyed is posts. Had some goofy pic of him in a stocking cap. He dished it out but also took it. Always thought it was kind of fun. We were in Lg1 back then and it was pretty grim. Always remember when someone from another forum came on to stir it up we'd all band together to trash the wind up merchant. As a yank I was always second class in my trashing. The Brits are much better at trash talking.

I think his tag was LUFC and a year. Maybe 76? I think Wortley (different name back then... Beckham something) was a mod at the time and might recall who it was. He was banned from just about every team forum at one time.

I remember Beckford’s Girl and DWG. Morrim was also a lot more active as was JezLeeds. I think there used to be a NSFW thread too - very different times!
    I believe a fair few posters ended up on a different forum.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    I believe a fair few posters ended up on a different forum.
    Yes, I think many slightly younger posters went to the WACCOE forum.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Yes, I think many slightly younger posters went to the WACCOE forum.
    And Leeds Chat, which was actually pretty good (Leedshippriest amongst others). Not sure if that's still running?

Always liked Geldered boot boy, Jez, Algarve and Fen with his music thread! Spa was a good poster also.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Was he OZ though? thought was Swedish Norwegian something like that
    Not sure off his background but he lived about 10 miles from me, I would see him occasionally mainly in his crappy car that he posted picture of once or twice.

Just checked it is nearly five years (feb 2017) since Thor (PNETHOR) posted, ironically on the Barnsley site (If I read it right).
    Last edited by CalverleyBoy; 19-01-2022 at 06:23 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)