+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Plans confirmed to commemorate Colin Slater

Plans confirmed to commemorate Colin Slater

A number of commemorations are planned for Friday night’s Vanarama National League visit of Barnet, when we will honour the life of Colin Slater MBE.

Colin sadly passed away last week and we will be remembering his immense contribution to the club and local community in a variety of ways:

• A flag featuring a photograph of Colin will be on display in the Kop
    • The matchday programme will be dedicated to Colin and filled with tributes
    • A special video will be played on the scoreboards shortly before the players take to the field
    • The two teams will lead a minute’s applause ahead of kick-off
    • Neil Warnock, Brian Bates, Ian Richardson, Dave Regis, Ian McCulloch and others will be recalling their favourite Colin stories in hospitality
    • Colin’s family, friends and colleagues will be in attendance as special guests of the club

The club are also considering further permanent options to recognise Colin beyond his induction into the Hall of Fame in 2014, his appointment as an honorary vice-president following his retirement and the naming of the Meadow Lane media lounge in his honour.

Click here for details of Colin’s funeral.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2022/january/remembering-colin-120122/
    Last edited by SwalePie; 18-01-2022 at 05:38 PM.

What a club

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    What a club
    Agree, things like this are something Notts are very good at. On a personal level, I'm glad I was there to observe the minute's silence against Eastleigh, because I find it far more emotional than a minute's applause. Silence is a time to reflect and remember, while applause is something you get at every game. I'll still join in with vigour, and I'm sure it will be a fitting tribute to Colin.

"The club are also considering further permanent options to recognise Colin"

Any ideas what these are? Are we talking a plaque on the wall of the main stand concourse or are they considering renaming the Kop?