+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ceo

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Thanks SB.

I cant be bothered to listen to the recording. I dont even watch the highlight video anymore such is my apathy towards this ownership.

I think we all suspected the money was taken for their benefit when it should be used for the football club benefit. Player recruitment or west stand replacement fund are two worthier causes.

The only way to pressure this lot is to starve them of funds. Dont renew season tickets or buy match day tickets and pile the pressure on them. Got to get the bleeders out one way or another.

A see what tha saying Eths and I agree. One thing thaz got to bear in mind is that in league 1, television revenue decreases dramatically so the PMG will depend on the club being funded by the supporters more than ever. Thar knows as well as I do that season ticket sales are gonna fall a great deal lower than to what they were last summer. That's gonna hit them hard and is why the club have offloaded Freiser to get him off the wage bill with league 1 in mind. All these players were signed on 4 year contracts on substantial wages. Unless these 4 year contracts that the majority of our players are on have a clause to say that their wages will decrease in case of relegation from the championship, then making up the balance is almost impossible in league 1, especially without the TV revenue we currently get for being a championship club.

Agree Pass, I sometimes think Im losing rational thought because I despise what they are doing to BFC and our town so much. I just want them gone and we can go back to operating in the normal way taking the good times with the bad. Subject to finding new owners which might be tricky because the club will be asset stripped.

I know that the lower income and demand on the owners pockets will take time to filter through but it cant happen soon enough for me. I know them lads on Tykes TV can go on a bit but I find myself in agreement most of the time and I am happy to see someone challenge the owners, question their credibility and call out their untruths. I hope they gather momentum and instigate meaningful change.

Perhaps Im being a bit of a hypocrite here because I dont go to matches, these owners have not had a single penny out of me so Im not sure I have the right to express my opinions. But thats how I feel after 50+ years of attending Oakwell.

I'm right behind the motives of the Conway Out group as I have had the 80% Owners down as wrong 'uns/ arseoyles from the day they arrived.

Luke G on Tykes TV regularly hits the nail on the head regarding Conway.

The Conway/ Club Loyalists on BBS are out to discredit the Conway Out Group largely in support of their leader Gally who has been banned from the Facebook Conway Out site

Luvvit,

Any method that will result in getting Conway Out has my proud and full support.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 20-01-2022 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Agree Pass, I sometimes think Im losing rational thought because I despise what they are doing to BFC and our town so much. I just want them gone and we can go back to operating in the normal way taking the good times with the bad. Subject to finding new owners which might be tricky because the club will be asset stripped.

I know that the lower income and demand on the owners pockets will take time to filter through but it cant happen soon enough for me. I know them lads on Tykes TV can go on a bit but I find myself in agreement most of the time and I am happy to see someone challenge the owners, question their credibility and call out their untruths. I hope they gather momentum and instigate meaningful change.

Perhaps Im being a bit of a hypocrite here because I dont go to matches, these owners have not had a single penny out of me so Im not sure I have the right to express my opinions. But thats how I feel after 50+ years of attending Oakwell.
    I don't think that not going to games makes your opinion less noteworthy or creditable to those poor souls that do currently go, especially where these owners are concerned Eths.

Tha same as me in respect of not going anymore. I knocked it on head as a regular in 2014/15 and have only been to a handful of home games since. I watched us on ifollow a lot last season but barring that, the PMG have seen very little of my money. I still question them though and why not? We're Barnsley fans mate, it's in our blood and always will be. We care and it hurts when we see the club suffering like this and being run by folk who ent got first idea about what supporting a club like this actually means

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I don't think that not going to games makes your opinion less noteworthy or creditable to those poor souls that do currently go, especially where these owners are concerned Eths.

Tha same as me in respect of not going anymore. I knocked it on head as a regular in 2014/15 and have only been to a handful of home games since. I watched us on ifollow a lot last season but barring that, the PMG have seen very little of my money. I still question them though and why not? We're Barnsley fans mate, it's in our blood and always will be. We care and it hurts when we see the club suffering like this and being run by folk who ent got first idea about what supporting a club like this actually means
    I have been paying my season ticket throughout the Conway era. It makes no difference in my view; you two and any others in similar positions are fully entitled to their opinions.

So these appalling owners really want to blame Schopp for the early season failures ehh ?.
    Don't they realise then that questions and criticisms have immediately got to be asked, and fingers have to got be pointed at them... because they hand picked and appointed him in the first place!!.
    And it will just be the usual refusal by them to accept their own responsibility, for the fiasco that has happened to our club since.

Schopp arrived with no back room staff in place but were happy with West Broms undisclosed fees for Vals mates.
    The penny may have dropped a little with Disco now supporting the current HC.
    You couldn’t make it up or could you ?

Nothing will change until PMG have gone that's for certain and I agree that starving them of funds is the way to do it, however you all know as well as I do that a good start in League 1 and challenging at the top will see fans coming back! Then the same happens again in the Championship then we go through this all over again!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Nothing will change until PMG have gone that's for certain and I agree that starving them of funds is the way to do it, however you all know as well as I do that a good start in League 1 and challenging at the top will see fans coming back! Then the same happens again in the Championship then we go through this all over again!
    I won't be Perky, but I know what you're saying ;-)

For those that regularly goto games and especially those who do renew their season tickets, this must be putting you in an awful position here of not knowing what to do for the best. Both for yourselves, and for the possible long term future of the club.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast