+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ruben in the news again

Ruben in the news again

Think sporting life trying to make a story from nothing here. Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Notts66 View Post
    Think sporting life trying to make a story from nothing here. Discuss
    I think if an article is in a newspaper then it is surely a story? If it was a blank space then it wouldn't be a story as there would be no characters there?

It's clearly a heavily stat based and very complimentary article/story but ultimately it's just pure speculation by the author..

Rotherham reported to be interested (we knew that) MK Dons would be a good fit (we didn't know that) but no confirmed interest/approach.

He then summarises that Ruben is too good for NL (well we all know that fella), whether you've seen him in the flesh, on TV/Stream or are purely going off statistics gathered as this article suggests he's definitely too good for this level#radar

That's taking being a sarcy git to a new level kelsdyke 😀😀👍

Loving the sarcasm kelsdyke - keep them coming 😀👍

The author is Liam Henshaw. Really nice bloke and he's helped me a lot over the last year with advice on analytics etc. He's been an admirer of Ruben for some time and although he's a Forest supporter he's actually very pro Notts and is now also working as an analyst for an EFL club.

I spoke with him the other day and suggested he shouldn't have done the piece until after the Jan window had closed but he did point out that Ruben and indeed Wootton, Roberts and Palmer etc are not really a secret to EFL clubs!

Articles like this are just a sign that we're a successful club. It's well written and well-researched.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts66 View Post
    Loving the sarcasm kelsdyke - keep them coming ����
    In all seriousness, I think its a quiet news day!