+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diego Carlos - handed in transfer request

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Out of interest, does anyone know anything about him. Only, I was reading the views of one journalsit who was saying he wasn't very good. To be precise, he said he was slow, clumsy and careless.

I know absolutely nothing about him, btw.
    Can't be slower, clumsier, and more careless than several we have on the books now.

I've heard he's a beast. He's 28 which is probably the peak age for a central defender.

Haven't ever watched him play though.

Sevilla is playing hardball. Dont get youre hopes up on this one.

He's handed in a transfer request. Usually at that point the clubs are willing to find a solution.

He's in Sevilles starting lineup for tonight's game so that rules him out of the Leeds game of we did manage to get him. I really don't know what the fu(k our recruitment team are playing at. A lot of the players we are in for want to come and there clubs are willing to sell but we are not meeting there asking prices so some strange frustrating reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    He's in Sevilles starting lineup for tonight's game so that rules him out of the Leeds game of we did manage to get him. I really don't know what the fu(k our recruitment team are playing at. A lot of the players we are in for want to come and there clubs are willing to sell but we are not meeting there asking prices so some strange frustrating reason.
    They know we have a lot of money so they are not just letting us take their players away. And we are not going to spend a trazillion and getting robbed, even if we're an extremely rich club. Makes a lot of sense.

I'm just happy that we're actually trying to get these players. Under Ashley we might have signed Phil Jones on loan, that's it.

From SS:

Newcastle offering to treble Carlos wages
    Spanish football expert Alvaro Montero tells The Transfer Show:

"Diego Carlos has a release clause of around €80m. The club has had bids of €25m and €30m.

"I believe after speaking to the people inside Sevilla they will accept an offer of around €50m.

"It's a question of money, the player has been offered about €5m after taxes per year for Newcastle in the Premier League. It's much more, two or three times what he is earning in Spain."

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    They are basically doing what we did with Gini and Liverpool then.

Well if they hesitate to pay £42mil for him, the people in charge need to get a feckin grip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)