+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Aaronson

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Know nothing about him, but apparently in talks to sign brendan Aaronson from rb salzburg, 21 year old midfielder, offered £15 million, which has been rejected, according to "the athletic" and sky sports, so probably truth in this one.
    Brenden Aaronson and his younger brother Paxton were born and raised in Medford, NJ just a short 10 min drive from where I live, I asked my resident football playing colleague about him. He was stunned because Salzburg are still in Chsmpions League. Anyway the bottom line is - he is the real deal. Definitely can play, already a USA international. My colleague's brother was actually one of his trainers. But my colleague couldn't see him leaving while Salzburg are still playing Chsmpions league. Another interesting point is that Harrison who played for New York FC may be more than a passing acquaintance, as harrison is only about 3 years older and both played in the north east. Aaronson played for Philadelphia. Orta might be trying to get deal down for a summer transfer. Really don't see this happening in this transfer window. But definitely the genuine article.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    No, I don't, but lets face it, most of the newcomers over the last few seasons have turned out to be sh1te (Rodrigo, Llorente, JKA (snigger), Casilla etc etc, and giving considerably better contracts to the likes of Costa (then loaning him out!) and Roberts (why?), so it's just a question of me being a better judge of talent than Orta!

As for Aaronson, he's appeared for RB Salzburg 36 times and scored 6 times, in his whole professional career he's appeared for his club (whichever) 124 times and scored 18 times. Not the record of a player who is good enough to be considered in anything but pure fantasy land as an LUFC player in the Premiership. God knows why we're even rumoured to be thinking of bringing him to Leeds.
    There we have it folks - by stating that Llorente is " sh1te " you have just admitted that you know absolutely nothing about football.

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    There we have it folks - by stating that Llorente is " sh1te " you have just admitted that you know absolutely nothing about football.
    More than one way to be sh1te. If you get injured every 5 minutes you could be the next Messi but it won't do your team any good because you're never fit. Take the blinkers off for once

Personally, I don't feel comfortable starting Posts anymore although I'll always find time to comment within threads that interest me - your points on player in's/out's being one WTF.

With Bielsa [like Ferguson] they'll talk about the difference between building a team, which is what most managers concentrate on and building a club.

Big differences in football today.
    So regarding Leeds - I am not sure any club would have the patience to wait for a manager to build a team over a four-year period which was the Bielsa remit - a few on here forget that, particularly finance wise with our jump from Championship to PL. So of course players came & went while securing the new junior waves of talent to be taught what was exactly needed &required to compete at the top levels consistently.

The goal was to evolve gradually, moving older players out & younger players in. It was mainly about two things:
    1.who did we have coming through and where did we see them in three years’ time.
    2.were there signs that existing players were getting older ?

Young players should be given the time & conditions to succeed, most older players will be sold to other teams while they are still valuable properties & a few top veterans hopefully be kept around to lend continuity & carry the culture of the ethos that our young ones have to earn it & thus the template is set down - To maintain high standards at al times to succeed.

Not rocket science but all methods above actually studied by Harvard Business school of Economics & subsequent papers published on the success of the subject matter no doubt comprehensively studied by all - some like Rad obviously liked what he saw & implemented his plan accordingly rightly or wrongly.

You have an opinion & so do I - so we differ - I'm happy & your not.
    Such is life, but interesting how we veiw matters on Leeds regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Personally, I don't feel comfortable starting Posts anymore although I'll always find time to comment within threads that interest me - your points on player in's/out's being one WTF.

With Bielsa [like Ferguson] they'll talk about the difference between building a team, which is what most managers concentrate on and building a club.

Big differences in football today.
    So regarding Leeds - I am not sure any club would have the patience to wait for a manager to build a team over a four-year period which was the Bielsa remit - a few on here forget that, particularly finance wise with our jump from Championship to PL. So of course players came & went while securing the new junior waves of talent to be taught what was exactly needed &required to compete at the top levels consistently.

The goal was to evolve gradually, moving older players out & younger players in. It was mainly about two things:
    1.who did we have coming through and where did we see them in three years’ time.
    2.were there signs that existing players were getting older ?

Young players should be given the time & conditions to succeed, most older players will be sold to other teams while they are still valuable properties & a few top veterans hopefully be kept around to lend continuity & carry the culture of the ethos that our young ones have to earn it & thus the template is set down - To maintain high standards at al times to succeed.

Not rocket science but all methods above actually studied by Harvard Business school of Economics & subsequent papers published on the success of the subject matter no doubt comprehensively studied by all - some like Rad obviously liked what he saw & implemented his plan accordingly rightly or wrongly.

You have an opinion & so do I - so we differ - I'm happy & your not.
    Such is life, but interesting how we veiw matters on Leeds regardless.
    Not sure we differ on this one. Aaronson isn't proven at PL level, so like many others brought to LUFC tgere is a (substantial) risk tgat he will find life in the PL and at LUFC in particular, a considerable change and hence unable to deliver what we require.

Contrast that with Carvalho at Fulham, a product of their youth programme, seen him play this season (and lots of stuff on YouTube and EFL highlights), only 19 yet playing regularly in what most would agree is the most physically challenging league (in the UK at least) and scoring (7 so far). Still a risk, but I'd suggest much lower than Aaronson and possibly/probably less expensive

He's not American though, so if it IS the 49'ers who are behind the Aaronson interest, we will probably ignore what's in front if us, again.

From what I know of the 49’s owners I don’t think it matters if he’s a yank or not. They will get the best players they can. If you follow throwball you know they had a club house lawyer quarterback that helped win a Super Bowl. They got rid of him when he became too much of a problem. They care more about winning than nationality

MT. Please start threads. We need the banter and thought provoking. Check out how dead some other team threads are!

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    From what I know of the 49’s owners I don’t think it matters if he’s a yank or not. They will get the best players they can. If you follow throwball you know they had a club house lawyer quarterback that helped win a Super Bowl. They got rid of him when he became too much of a problem. They care more about winning than nationality
    Glad to hear it, and even more reason to favour Carvalho over Aaronson (if we are actually interested in either!)

I think English football poses great challenges to adjustment. A lot of very good players could not make the jump to it. I would always lean to a UK player over others all other things equal

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I think English football poses great challenges to adjustment. A lot of very good players could not make the jump to it. I would always lean to a UK player over others all other things equal

Lot more to consider moving abroad for younger pro's for sure, Spaldy.

If an opportunity came to play in UK for my brother not sure it would appeal as 'he' often reads comments of foreigner slurs & other bad ethnicity issues, all out of order in my opinion as an English sister of French born sibling twins.
    So you'll understand my stance on players being 'abused' which is more rife on UK social-media than in Europe - constructive criticism ok but not abuse, is my view-take.

Interesting that my brothers football-contract clearly states don't use social media.

Why footballers in UK get more abuse I do not know, possibly may be down to players in UK constant use of their public social-media accounts rightly or wrongly.

French football systems demands all junior scholars to attend CENS/college until 18, which I'm all in favour of having once worked in youth career-advice in England, specifically in work re-training placement schemes.
    It appears to work well for French footballers & helps players settle better when they hang up their boots according to stats I've seen.

Whatever, Mr Meslier is a pure, educated athlete role model on/off the pitch, yet his signing was greeted at that time with less than an enthusiastic welcoming.
    So for player at entry levels getting that far requires disciplined lifestyle & hard work [as in any profession] & needs chance to settle & prove his/her worth over time is my take on matters - time in football requires patience & injury free experience 'tho.

Certainly not easy for pressure & selection wise for younger ones away from family.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)