+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Why we need a new striker NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Don't think we have got an option to extend Smudger's contract. Is your magic eye failing you again?

Sure Warney in tizer said we had.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Who said useless ?
    Why does everything have to be black or white.
    I’ve just pointed out that they haven’t solved the left back issue or do you think they have ?

I’ve also given my opinion on at times they get it wrong. Do we need this many midfielders?
    Couldn’t the budget be used on a better striker?
    You sound emotional.
    well said and agree with what you say .

There must be no criticism of our manager and chairman. How many times have I to write it on the blackboard as punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Don't think we have got an option to extend Smudger's contract. Is your magic eye failing you again?
    Hes gone end of season option was taken up this season

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post

I’ve just pointed out that they haven’t solved the left back issue or do you think they have ?

I'm not sure a left back is a problem. Ok mattock is only fit for 25% of the games but still a decent lb . Bola is prob ok in league 1 as a left back though dont tell brin
    Ferguson is prob one of, if not the best lb in the division.

Problem we have is warne is not playing 4 at the back so prob only fergy is any good at the lwb role and he's knackered after 70 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    There must be no criticism of our manager and chairman. How many times have I to write it on the blackboard as punishment.
    Criticism is fine, when balanced and justified, but I do understand the reaction. Yak, for example, wrote “do you really expect our management team to sort it out?”

This implies that they can’t sort anything out, which is clearly nonsense. I get that’s not how Yak may have meant it,but it’s how it reads.

Why not take a punt on John Marquis..proven goalscorer at Doncaster..might not have hit it off at Portsmouth but still had 1 in 3...as we know some players dont fit at certain clubs,then move on and alls good again..knows south Yorkshire well...but gone to Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Criticism is fine, when balanced and justified, but I do understand the reaction. Yak, for example, wrote “do you really expect our management team to sort it out?”

This implies that they can’t sort anything out, which is clearly nonsense. I get that’s not how Yak may have meant it,but it’s how it reads.
    I probably didn’t explain it well enough.

I meant our leadership structure. Goal-scorers are difficult to find I get it.
    We are in a really good position and this team imo should get promoted. Warne has done a good job but he contradicts himself like with the Ladapo situation. If funds are available like we’ve been told then with that and possibly not overloading on midfielders every season who we dont always play why then have we brought in Grigg who was never the right kind of signing for us. You could throw in Sadlier in that category too.
    Surely the recruitment team must see that we had too many midfielders and questions should be asked. Why offer mattock s contract extension when we did?
    Personally it smacks of no concrete plan and if we don’t go up this season then serious questions need to be asked because this is a terrible standard of football. Warne coming out saying I’ve been distracted by all this transfer talk is wrong. He can either handle it or he can’t.
    This blind faith and love in the management teams decisions is all good. Let’s see if it’s still here if we don’t go up. I’ve stuck up for him in the past but he’s been here long enough now. Joking in press conferences may make him likeable but getting it right at the club is more important.
    Hope I’m wrong and we smash it.

I don’t agree that it’s a terrible standard, the games where we have been on song have been some the most thrilling and entertaining we’ve seen IMO. When the form dips and the performance drops, as it has, thrn the football suffers, as it does when the opposition stubbornly refuses to let us run over them, but the passing and movement, the cut and thrust as it were that we are capable of is excellent.

I find it baffling that our supporters complain that we can’t score goals and that our defence is weak, then you look at the stats and compare them with other teams and there is a complete disconnect. It’s frustrating as hell when you lose to a struggling side, but does that indicate poor management or weak players? Or is it just what happens in football? I remember the 88-89 title winning team losing at home on a wet Tuesday to the mighty York City, but it didn’t suddenly make them a bad side. I think we sometimes have unrealistic expectations, in a ‘much wants more’ kind of way and the sky isn’t falling because we lost at Fleetwood, or that we fell to 4th on a night we didn’t play. I agree the striker situation is potentially worrying, and I also agree that I’d prefer us to sign a replacement for Ladapo while we still can, but a lot of complaints are based purely on a presumption that we aren’t doing this or that, which I find to be unnecessary angst.

I’ve said before that Warney and do seem to have overcome the past mistakes but I’d be interested to know what’s going on with Wiles, yes he is/can be a good player who hopefully will one day move on to better things but his game of late has been questionable but he still get his shirt straight back.

Anyway Warney has been looking at strikers for a while so will I’m sure be trying to get one in.

Maybe we might see two players leave this transfer, no problem if either the two (Ladapo and Sadlier ) leave from me but I’d be a bit annoyed if Smith and Ogbene leave and we don’t replace them
    Last edited by millertop; 19-01-2022 at 03:40 PM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast