+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Why we need a new striker NOW!

Certainly everyone is entitled to an opinion, it is a message board after all and it’s here for that very purpose as well as a vehicle for some for wind ups. Some of the latter are done very well I might add so credit to those that do it. Entertaining.

What I find strange though is that after one bad result there seems to be an immediate amount of negativity.
    I don’t count the Accie game as a bad result because they deserved to win.
    So we took a top cship all the way over about 130 mins and on their ground too and there’s overwhelming praise on how good we are and then a week later we lose to a 95th minute goal and it all changes.
    So two minutes less OT and I dont think a lot of these types of comments would have been made.
    Others might say we’ve been under par for weeks but that’s all it is. We still picked up a lot of points and cup wins

The saying that you are only as good as your last match just isnt true in football but some seem to believe it is

I”d becareful going toe to toe with brin at the minute….he”s still smarting after mrs brin throw out the marmite.!.😜

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Certainly everyone is entitled to an opinion, it is a message board after all and it’s here for that very purpose as well as a vehicle for some for wind ups. Some of the latter are done very well I might add so credit to those that do it. Entertaining.

What I find strange though is that after one bad result there seems to be an immediate amount of negativity.
    So we took a top cship all the way over about 130 mins and on their ground too and there’s overwhelming praise on how good we are and then a week later we lose to a 95th minute goal and it all changes.
    So two minutes less OT and I dont think a lot of these types of comments would have been made.
    Others might say we’ve been under par for weeks but that’s all it is. We still picked up a lot of points and cup wins

The saying that you are only as good as your last match just isnt true in football but some seem to believe it is
    I’ve said this before, it’s not the defeat it’s the manner of the defeat that creates the negativity

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    I”d becareful going toe to toe with brin at the minute….he”s still smarting after mrs brin throw out the marmite.!.��
    .....I'll buy some more and hide it from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I’ve said this before, it’s not the defeat it’s the manner of the defeat that creates the negativity
    ...correct 100% Grist......

And the substitutions or lack of

Just look at the amount of replies there is on the post match thread after we lose opposed to when we win.
    It's obviously easier to say we are crap, instead of well done chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Just look at the amount of replies there is on the post match thread after we lose opposed to when we win.
    It's obviously easier to say we are crap, instead of well done chaps.
    Yes true, when you’re in a sinking boat you see the holes not how well the boat is varnished

Yes true, when you’re in a sinking boat you see the holes not how well the boat is varnished
    He won’t get that one

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post

brilliant that you don’t count the Accrington game as a bad game for the millers. We have lost to two poor teams and you are surprised at the criticism the millers have received. We have been below par for weeks now. I’ve said to another poster, take off your rose tinted glasses.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast