+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Why we need a new striker NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Actually overall I think he has done a good job.
    When I posted the other day he lacks quality when it really matters I got slated.

He got us up through the play offs job well done.
    We went up when the season got halted due to Covid. I don’t believe we would have gone up but who knows really.
    Last season yes we were dealt a bad hand however I still think we had more than enough opportunities to stay up.
    I’ve already stated that the recruitment at times looks unbalanced if that’s the best way of putting it.
    This drop in performances is imo typical at times of us under Warne.
    Players struggling but he still plays them, players have a good game and he drops them.
    He buys players who don’t fit our system that’s happened every season.
    He won’t play Ladapo because of his transfer request however he will play Smith who has refused to sign a contract what’s the difference?
    Wiles who I rate is simply struggling but he continues to play him.
    It seems hypercritical but I’m just saying what I see.
    He’s done a decent job but if we fail to go up that imo is a failure in a poor league.

Nothing would give me more satisfaction than him to prove me wrong.

Pocket goes to games with me and he’s a proper happy clapper but he agrees at times with some of what I say. Not everything is black and white maybe we all have points but the manager can be criticised it’s allowed.
    Yak, very well put fella. You just have to try and ignore those who attack your 'constructive' beliefs if it's anything to do with Warne and even Stewart. You pay your entrance fee you have your say, irrespective if others disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Forgot about you, there’s always an exception
    Are you gonna take that silly avatar down now Gm, even his own party want him out...you will be the only one left...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Are you gonna take that silly avatar down now Gm, even his own party want him out...you will be the only one left...
    That's actually roly in an outfit....their lass took the photo.

How about this one? I changed the colours.

Name:  gm.png
Views: 251
Size:  3.6 KB
    Last edited by great_fire; 19-01-2022 at 08:24 PM.

You want me to bring Thatcher back then?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    MillersTime, let me bat it back to you pal. ''How do you know they are?'' Neither of us know so we can but just guess what's going on.

''We must do it now' desperation is an awful way to approach negotiations''.
    My comment is neither desperate or an awful way to approach negotiations, it is factual right before everyones eyes. We could be three strikers down anytime from tomorrow and most definitely at the end of the season and you think that's okay?

When do you think we should be looking for a future forward to bolster our lines or is one up front Kayode on his own the answer for next season and we revert back to a 4-5 -1 like the previous season?

Those upstairs may well be in charge but I see a major issue in our forward line not only now but, most definitely just around the corner.

We need a new striker now both for impact and most definitely for the loss of Smudge, Ladapo and Grigg at the end of the season.
    I don't know either way. But I didn't speculate that we weren't when devoid of any information as to what is going on behind the scenes. You speculated that we aren't doing anything but as you said above, that's a guess. I wouldn't say we are when I don't know so not sure saying we aren't when you don't know either is wise.

But we won't be 3 strikers down will we. Grigg can get recalled. We do not have to sell Ladapo or Smudge. We control 3 of our 4 strikers to the end of the season. At the end of the season we lose control of Smudge and Grigg. Ladapo we can extend even if he doesn't want to stay (to sell on obviously). IMO it comes across as desperate when we just have to play the window out. Freddie will likely move on, highly likely. We will do all we can to find a replacement and have him lined up for when that happens. That doesn't have to happen today or tomorrow, you just have to wait for the dominoes to fall. Of course I don't think being 3 strikers down at the end of the season is okay but we aren't at the end of the season. We would have a full summer to bolster so why panic now? That's months away. If we sell and replace Freddie this month we would likely be looking for 2 more strikers come the summer, nothing crazy in that.

We should always be looking for players to improve us, whether that be a striker or anywhere else. We are midway through a promotion chasing season and you're obsessing over the next campaign. I don't think you really think I'd have JJ up top alone next season, obviously not saying that.

Not saying we don't need a new striker but we need the right one, which aren't easily gettable.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    I don't know either way. But I didn't speculate that we weren't when devoid of any information as to what is going on behind the scenes. You speculated that we aren't doing anything but as you said above, that's a guess. I wouldn't say we are when I don't know so not sure saying we aren't when you don't know either is wise.

But we won't be 3 strikers down will we. Grigg can get recalled. We do not have to sell Ladapo or Smudge. We control 3 of our 4 strikers to the end of the season. At the end of the season we lose control of Smudge and Grigg. Ladapo we can extend even if he doesn't want to stay (to sell on obviously). IMO it comes across as desperate when we just have to play the window out. Freddie will likely move on, highly likely. We will do all we can to find a replacement and have him lined up for when that happens. That doesn't have to happen today or tomorrow, you just have to wait for the dominoes to fall. Of course I don't think being 3 strikers down at the end of the season is okay but we aren't at the end of the season. We would have a full summer to bolster so why panic now? That's months away. If we sell and replace Freddie this month we would likely be looking for 2 more strikers come the summer, nothing crazy in that.

We should always be looking for players to improve us, whether that be a striker or anywhere else. We are midway through a promotion chasing season and you're obsessing over the next campaign. I don't think you really think I'd have JJ up top alone next season, obviously not saying that.

Not saying we don't need a new striker but we need the right one, which aren't easily gettable.
    MT, we can be 3 strikers down anytime the January window remains open have you thought of that? We don't control ANY of the strikers if their valuations by another club are met, that's the point I'm trying to get across. Personally, I think Ladapo's agent is being a tool and has rocked the boat with the Freddie farce. The timing is all out on this one for me.

You say we just have to play the window out, no it's not desperate, and I hope for one you are right and no one comes in for Smudge. The way he's playing it, just getting on with things, may well mean he knows where he's going close season for a nice signing on fee and a wage increase, if so good luck to him.

Ladapo - ''We will do all we can to find a replacement and have him lined up for when that happens''. According to KerrAvon that just doesn't happen my friend. You can't just walk into a shop and choose another one so, your point there is wishful thinking if you think it's as easy as that.

''We would have a full summer to bolster so why panic now?''
    You're over glamorising my words, I've never used the word panic only you. As for bolstering through a full summer, we are very well known for NOT doing that until the barrel is almost empty.

We both have different points of view on this and I totally respect yours so, let's just leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    MT, we can be 3 strikers down anytime the January window remains open have you thought of that? We don't control ANY of the strikers if their valuations by another club are met, that's the point I'm trying to get across. Personally, I think Ladapo's agent is being a tool and has rocked the boat with the Freddie farce. The timing is all out on this one for me.

You say we just have to play the window out, no it's not desperate, and I hope for one you are right and no one comes in for Smudge. The way he's playing it, just getting on with things, may well mean he knows where he's going close season for a nice signing on fee and a wage increase, if so good luck to him.

Ladapo - ''We will do all we can to find a replacement and have him lined up for when that happens''. According to KerrAvon that just doesn't happen my friend. You can't just walk into a shop and choose another one so, your point there is wishful thinking if you think it's as easy as that.

''We would have a full summer to bolster so why panic now?''
    You're over glamorising my words, I've never used the word panic only you. As for bolstering through a full summer, we are very well known for NOT doing that until the barrel is almost empty.

We both have different points of view on this and I totally respect yours so, let's just leave it at that.
    If you don't want to afford me a reply then okay. As you wish.

Still think we should try again for Kyle Joseph (Swansea -been on loan at Cheltenham). £500k would probably get him (what they paid Wigan). Just what we need and still only 20.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    You want me to bring Thatcher back then?
    How about this?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast