+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Not Balotelli, please

Not Balotelli, please

Is this 2012? Then it would have been an interesting signing.

Not for me, this one.

If he's replacing Gayle i'd take him. We're also interested in Zapata apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    If he's replacing Gayle i'd take him. We're also interested in Zapata apparently
    I'd rather forget about Gayle altogether and actually sign players that would replace our best 11 right now. Don't think Balo would improve us much, and not sure at all that he's a good fit for a relegation battle.

Zapata is an interesting choice, I'd much rather go for him.

He's not even a good striker and he's a massive liability I'd be so pi5sed off if we signed him.
    We need a creative midfielder in more than another striker in my opinion. Jolo breaks up the play lovely but then we have nobody whatever to take the game forward with either runs or killer passes. I'd be throwing money at Southampton for James Warde-prowse he would make a huge difference to our team and is an unbelievable set piece taker as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    He's not even a good striker and he's a massive liability I'd be so pi5sed off if we signed him.
    We need a creative midfielder in more than another striker in my opinion. Jolo breaks up the play lovely but then we have nobody whatever to take the game forward with either runs or killer passes. I'd be throwing money at Southampton for James Warde-prowse he would make a huge difference to our team and is an unbelievable set piece taker as well.
    Agreed, I think our midfield is lacking big time and am worried we are not looking more into that this window.

Having said that, I would love to see Lingard here on loan, imagine if he could reproduce his West Ham form - we'd stay up then.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...nited-22734024

We have been linked with Amadou Haidara. Excellent prospect. Big money, superb engine on the lad, breaks up play and can distribute the ball.

What about this fella in and JWP as the creative?

Bin Hendrick immediately regardless of other signings, he's barely good enough to play in the chip van outside the strawberry let alone on the hallowed turf of SJP!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)