+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Killie - Cup

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    what 2?

Glass has no pace? Pawlett has no pace, Harkes has no pace, Fuchs has no pace, Levitt has no pace. Do you see a common theme here...

glass is more creative than any i've mentioned above IMO
    agree he has more pace than those mentioned and is potential our most creative and skilful player. Time for him to be given a chance

How we can't find players good enough to play in this league is ****ing beyond me. Its not like we need ****ing World beaters. The problem is not the players, we are tactically inept and need a drastic change to our approach. We need to drop this trying to outpass teams and learn to get up and down the pitch quicker, and get the ball in their box more often and the **** out of ours a whole lot quicker.

We need 2 up front. We isolate every single striker we play on his own. I'd be inclined to go with Clark & Watt. Clark does well against the lower league teams.

Levitt and Butch in the middle.

Freeman back into right back then the defence is settled.

Would like to see Glass given a proper run in the team.

The rest, meh. I guess one of Fuchs, Harkes, Pawlett and Niskanen has to start.

Formation - fcuk knows. Pick from the tombola for all these players are capable of right now. 3 in the middle would at least give us an extra man vs Killies likely 442.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    How we can't find players good enough to play in this league is ****ing beyond me. Its not like we need ****ing World beaters. The problem is not the players, we are tactically inept and need a drastic change to our approach. We need to drop this trying to outpass teams and learn to get up and down the pitch quicker, and get the ball in their box more often and the **** out of ours a whole lot quicker.
    Yip. St. Mirren absolutely ripped the p!sh last night with their fast one, two touch triangles around us. We dilly dally, passing the ball in straight lines and get nowhere.

Agree with all but in short if we don't put out a team that can beat Killie then Tam needs his jotters, no but what ifs, or no ah buts.

With the quality or lack of re all bar the top 3 we should easily be in top 6
    I said a while back when in top 4 we were looking dodgy and could slip quickly, why Tony, Tam and the iPad brigade couldn't is beyond me.
    Shame on them for letting this happen and treating us like mugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Spot on. Been saying for years if thesectypes of plauers are the best that all our scouting & coaching can come up with then how ****e must the ones deemed not good enough be? We seem perpetually stuck in this cycle of having a soft centre with players that are not good enough to outplay teams (40 sideway passes dont count ) & never enough players with the heart,personal performance pride or just the balls to get stuck in. When did you last see anyone in a tangerine shirt looking wound up , geeing up team mates or taking things into their own hands & changing things on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    We played Neilson out of position last night at RB, we cant be doing the same with the likes of glass and playing him out as a winger. If you want a 4 then i think the only options would be Sporle on left and Niskanen on right.

FWIW i would totally play some of the younger players, but not if it means hanging them out to dry in positions they dont play normally
    we dont need to play 4 and have both wide players as wingers, RM is not the same as RW

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    We need 2 up front. We isolate every single striker we play on his own. I'd be inclined to go with Clark & Watt. Clark does well against the lower league teams.

Levitt and Butch in the middle.

Freeman back into right back then the defence is settled.

Would like to see Glass given a proper run in the team.

The rest, meh. I guess one of Fuchs, Harkes, Pawlett and Niskanen has to start.

Formation - fcuk knows. Pick from the tombola for all these players are capable of right now. 3 in the middle would at least give us an extra man vs Killies likely 442.
    2 up front is a must for me, as is butch and glass. We need dig and creativity and strikers not chasing high balls on their own they're never gonna win

we dont need to play 4 and have both wide players as wingers, RM is not the same as RW
    agreed, altho at times we tried that with mcmullan and we all moaned that we needed another for the other side. Glass would drift in a lot, which could work with freeman overlapping.

TBH we looked so disjointed and all over the place last night that i wouldnt be confident any of them could follow instructions on how to set up in a new formation with some out of position.

We simply just need more players as we dont have enough to create a decent starting 11 in any formation

if he played RM he would need to track back, not his game ( see the hibs 2nd goal for proof) he has no recovery pace so players just coast by him. If he does play in the team it needs to be setup in such as way that it is protected from his off the ball play imo

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)