+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: good feelings (photos)

good feelings (photos)

Spring will soon be here

Stonechat

Pied Kingfisher

Spoonbills :

Black storks:

upload png

White Storks :

If you would like to see more just say

As keen members of the RSPB my wife and myself just love your photographs.Nice to see someone who doesn't just use their mobile phone for photos.Well done and certainly keep them coming.

Lovely photographs as usual Balan. I am somewhat surprised that you would not be making your way back to Rishton at some time to photograph the lovely birds of which BT frequently speaks.

Oh no! I had to leave those lovely birds of Rishton ,as lads we searched the Mecca's, Blackburn's Mecca and even Burnley's Mecca. The Blackburn Mecca was near to 'the barberry coast', that is is some of you also spent time there drinking, and looking out of one eye at any potential 'catch'. (In fact someone took a swipe at me for some reason ,even today I can not think ,why?) But if I was clever? I told the lads I would miss going drinking with them and catch them, at the Mecca. Then it was a case of ''take your pick''. You can say I had left the Barberry Coast ,and found ''the Gold Coast!'' In those days I did have one girl, from Rishton ,we had this agreement, that is if I did see some beauty ,I would take her somewhere near to dance ,quiet close to her ,so she would see me dancing, the rest is 'Bobs your Uncle'.

Those lovely ladies our good friend BT was talking about from Rishton ,may I just say ,its all in his imaginary mind. Just like the victorious Pally's ,and of course the Labour party ,all in his imaginary mind. ''What sticks like glue ,sticks like glue!''

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Oh no! I had to leave those lovely birds of Rishton ,as lads we searched the Mecca's, Blackburn's Mecca and even Burnley's Mecca. The Blackburn Mecca was near to 'the barberry coast', that is is some of you also spent time there drinking, and looking out of one eye at any potential 'catch'. (In fact someone took a swipe at me for some reason ,even today I can not think ,why?) But if I was clever? I told the lads I would miss going drinking with them and catch them, at the Mecca. Then it was a case of ''take your pick''. You can say I had left the Barberry Coast ,and found ''the Gold Coast!'' In those days I did have one girl, from Rishton ,we had this agreement, that is if I did see some beauty ,I would take her somewhere near to dance ,quiet close to her ,so she would see me dancing, the rest is 'Bobs your Uncle'.
    Wow Balan, those same Meccas were also my old stamping ground before I departed to see the world in mid-1966. There were certainly plenty of attractive young ladies frequenting those establishments ---happy days!
    I worked in the District Bank in Rishton for eigh**** months, it was a sub-branch to the Great Harwood branch, and I did see one or two attractive young ladies around about from time to time. Mind you, I was then moved to Whalley and worked with a young lady who could take your mind off anything ---well almost! lol

Spur winged Lapwing or Plover: (Vanellus spinosus)

This bird has on each wing a sharp 'spur', which can be seen on its wing, it uses it to attack other birds if they are near its nesting site

Here the Plover has approached this Black winged Stilt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)