+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Covid deaths food for thought

Let me guess. It was those fkn Danes wot did it. 🤣🤣🤣.

17,000 deaths is equivalent to a bad Flu epidemic, which thankfully we haven't had any cases in the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    17,000 deaths is equivalent to a bad Flu epidemic, which thankfully we haven't had any cases in the last two years.
    True that Des'. They and a 'few' others died of Covid related conditions instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Let me guess. It was those fkn Danes wot did it. 🤣🤣🤣.
    Yes, and don’t forget the Norwegians!!!! 😇

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post

Exactly Des - flu must have been wiped from the earth in the last two years but hey flu jabs are readily available due to following the herd many are having it despite never getting the sniffles.

Any jabs for our players to break a sweat?

I don’t know where you guys get this information from! I am on the ONS site now and the latest death data was produced on 18th January 2022.

I have copied the data and it is copied below. To be honest I don’t want a debate because it is a waste of time!!

Using the most up-to-date data we have available, the number of deaths from the week ending 13 March 2020 to the week ending 7 January 2022 was 1,089,254 in England and Wales; of these, 1,020,846 were recorded in England and 66,973 were recorded in Wales.

From the week ending 13 March 2020 to the week ending 7 January 2022, the number of excess deaths above the five-year average in England and Wales was 127,704; of these, 122,467 were recorded in England and 6,520 were recorded in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    It appears you are incorrect Calgary with your figures relating to the ONS of a reported figure you quote as 170,000. Bordering stated 17,000 which is more accurate. The scandal in all this is the exaggerated figures of deaths within 28 days of death and in some cases 60 days even when deaths are not related to Covid. Many had preexisting conditions when entering hospital and usually many caught SARS-COV2 there.

Anyhoo the ONS have given the figures of 2020/21 as 17,300 for those without any pre existing conditions - the tables are all in the link

https://tinyurl.com/2u2r43jw
    This nonsense is exactly what I am talking about - trying to lessen the impact of covid by cherry picking statistics. Like most respiratory tract diseases, Covid affects people with pre-existing conditions more harshly than those who don't. What of it? <ost people over 50 have pre existing conditions of one sort or another. I am 57, overweight, and have moderately high blood pressure but otherwise healthy. Are you saying if I got covid and died today it was because I was 57 and overweight or because I had covid? Yes, high blood pressure will eventually kill me but it would definitely be covid that killed me now. So the use of that 17000 death statistic is, to say the least, deceptive and probably done to make a political point rather than addressing the real health care issue. Its a bit like saying if you take all those who lived in close proximity to rats out of the statistics, the black death was actually quite benign - true but hardly informative.

Quote Originally Posted by Calgarybaggy View Post
    This nonsense is exactly what I am talking about - trying to lessen the impact of covid by cherry picking statistics. Like most respiratory tract diseases, Covid affects people with pre-existing conditions more harshly than those who don't. What of it? <ost people over 50 have pre existing conditions of one sort or another. I am 57, overweight, and have moderately high blood pressure but otherwise healthy. Are you saying if I got covid and died today it was because I was 57 and overweight or because I had covid? Yes, high blood pressure will eventually kill me but it would definitely be covid that killed me now. So the use of that 17000 death statistic is, to say the least, deceptive and probably done to make a political point rather than addressing the real health care issue. Its a bit like saying if you take all those who lived in close proximity to rats out of the statistics, the black death was actually quite benign - true but hardly informative.

The majority of Covid deaths are those who are over 50 - overweight - underlying health conditions and breathing issues! Almost all fit and healthy youngsters under 25 don’t know they even get it! My daughter who is 13 had it and did not even have the sniffles but she’s mega fit and healthy! To vaccinate under 16’s in my opinion is pure stupidity and many of the parents that rush their kids to be jabbed follow the herd! It tells you something when many professional parents are those who won’t vaccinate their kids!

Offering the flu jab to kids now is laughable! Most who get colds always get colds and likewise with migraines etc. As my father used to say - get a grip and get on with it - FFS and toughen up!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    The majority of Covid deaths are those who are over 50 - overweight - underlying health conditions and breathing issues! Almost all fit and healthy youngsters under 25 don’t know they even get it! My daughter who is 13 had it and did not even have the sniffles but she’s mega fit and healthy! To vaccinate under 16’s in my opinion is pure stupidity and many of the parents that rush their kids to be jabbed follow the herd! It tells you something when many professional parents are those who won’t vaccinate their kids!

Offering the flu jab to kids now is laughable! Most who get colds always get colds and likewise with migraines etc. As my father used to say - get a grip and get on with it - FFS and toughen up!
    Getting it, suffering from it and spreading it are three very different things. My 18 year old vaccinated son tested positive a few days after having an operation for appendicitis but had very few effects - his sinuses felt a bit stuffed up for a day or so. My healthy vaccinated 16 year old son got it from him and was pretty sick for over a week - like a bad flu. I am double vaccinated but was due for a booster and got Covid from them and was pretty sick for about five days, and my wife, who is 53, a doctor, double vaccinated and boosted, and healthier than all of us, got it from us, felt much sicker than me but after three days it was over.
    Its not about how sick you are. All of us at some point were capable of passing it on. But vaccinations either protect or reduce the severity so that you have less chance of passing it on. So the more people are vaccinated, the fewer people will get it, the less severe the effects will be for those who do get it, the fewer the opportunities there will be for passing it on, and the lower the chance of variants being able to mutate. If we had all been vaccinated a year ago when the vaccines first came out, when the vaccine was far more protective than it it is against the omricon variant, we would have been done this pandemic by last June. And yet here we are, still in the midst of a pandemic, still arguing over whether we should get vaccinated, still cherry picking stats to back up bogus arguments, still restricted in what we can do and where we can go, and still dying. Stupid is as stupid does.

Quote Originally Posted by Calgarybaggy View Post
    Getting it, suffering from it and spreading it are three very different things. My 18 year old vaccinated son tested positive a few days after having an operation for appendicitis but had very few effects - his sinuses felt a bit stuffed up for a day or so. My healthy vaccinated 16 year old son got it from him and was pretty sick for over a week - like a bad flu. I am double vaccinated but was due for a booster and got Covid from them and was pretty sick for about five days, and my wife, who is 53, a doctor, double vaccinated and boosted, and healthier than all of us, got it from us, felt much sicker than me but after three days it was over.
    Its not about how sick you are. All of us at some point were capable of passing it on. But vaccinations either protect or reduce the severity so that you have less chance of passing it on. So the more people are vaccinated, the fewer people will get it, the less severe the effects will be for those who do get it, the fewer the opportunities there will be for passing it on, and the lower the chance of variants being able to mutate. If we had all been vaccinated a year ago when the vaccines first came out, when the vaccine was far more protective than it it is against the omricon variant, we would have been done this pandemic by last June. And yet here we are, still in the midst of a pandemic, still arguing over whether we should get vaccinated, still cherry picking stats to back up bogus arguments, still restricted in what we can do and where we can go, and still dying. Stupid is as stupid does.

How many under 50’s are dying? Being vaccinated does not stop you from passing the virus on any less than someone not vaccinated!
    Most healthy kids in school don’t even know they had the virus! Immunity in having the virus is better than an artificial vaccination

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)