+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boreham Wood

They benefitted from the lockdown payments which were shared out equally rather than based on income. Their chairman was the most vocally opposed to our suggestions regards the 2019/20 season. I hope they crash and burn, they're as bad as Dover.

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    I wouldn't call them promotion contenders just yet, they have only secured 9 points from teams in the top 10.

Halifax for comparison have 16 points
    Chesterfield 13
    We have a whopping 18
    Does that matter though, points are points and they have done half a season and have the best PPG. If Sutton can do it I’m sure they can as well but this season I do believe money will probably talk, it’s got to pay off for someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Depends on how they calculate them.

Do they just count fans who were there, or do they include fans who claimed they were there but weren't?
    Please can you take your obsession and stick it up your... handbags thread?

Ta.

Name:  512px-Referee-with-yellow-card.svg.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  5.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    They benefitted from the lockdown payments which were shared out equally rather than based on income. Their chairman was the most vocally opposed to our suggestions regards the 2019/20 season. I hope they crash and burn, they're as bad as Dover.
    Agreed, another village pub side

I dont get all this village pub side stuff. Every club does what it needs to do to succeed that's the nature of clubs. They are not well supported and they are certainly punching above their weight. As long as we keep treating clubs with disrespect they will keep turning us over and we are in the same division as them. The best response is to act respectfully ( we can disagree on things such as covid fund allocations obviously) and give them a good stuffing on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I dont get all this village pub side stuff. Every club does what it needs to do to succeed that's the nature of clubs. They are not well supported and they are certainly punching above their weight. As long as we keep treating clubs with disrespect they will keep turning us over and we are in the same division as them. The best response is to act respectfully ( we can disagree on things such as covid fund allocations obviously) and give them a good stuffing on the pitch.
    Agreed. You might be in a fluky League position 3 matches into the season but certainly not after 20.

Crappy Mickey Mouse club with a chairman whose Tory connections enabled him to game the covid compensation fund. Punching above their weight though, so fair play to em. I’d still prefer a proper club to go up with us if we went up.

Also, they’re in Hertfordshire, just outside London.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Crappy Mickey Mouse club with a chairman whose Tory connections enabled him to game the covid compensation fund. Punching above their weight though, so fair play to em. I’d still prefer a proper club to go up with us if we went up.

Also, they’re in Hertfordshire, just outside London.
    Correct wasn’t Oliver Dowden the MP for that area too ?

Yep nothing dodgy at all we get six/seven times the gates yet we got the same money seemed fair that !

When did they move to Ess ex? They used to be in Hertfordshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Depends on how they calculate them.

Do they just count fans who were there, or do they include fans who claimed they were there but weren't?
    Sorry but yawn. Can you never give it a rest. Ignore him ffs

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast