+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boreham Wood

Boreham Wood

I've seen very little comment on here about the phenomenon that is Bore Em Stiff. How can a club in a remote part of Ess e x who NEVER manage to draw a 4 figure home crowd be in serious contention for promotion to the FL? Their Cup run is tending to prove that they are a worthy outfit and may well conclude in them topping Notts this season.
    I understand that a lot of their recruits are fringe squad players from teams in the Premier or Championship - players who don't want to give up London but are aware they might be scouted being so close to the capital. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I've seen very little comment on here about the phenomenon that is Bore Em Stiff. How can a club in a remote part of Ess e x who NEVER manage to draw a 4 figure home crowd be in serious contention for promotion to the FL? Their Cup run is tending to prove that they are a worthy outfit and may well conclude in them topping Notts this season.
    I understand that a lot of their recruits are fringe squad players from teams in the Premier or Championship - players who don't want to give up London but are aware they might be scouted being so close to the capital. Is that true?

I wouldn't call them promotion contenders just yet, they have only secured 9 points from teams in the top 10.

Halifax for comparison have 16 points
    Chesterfield 13
    We have a whopping 18

Money from Arsenal as their ladies team plays there. Obviously the pay them silly money for it.

Looks like another one has fallen into the 'attendance' trap, disappointing to see Sidders I expected better from a man of such fine upstanding character.

I fear a few more will fall foul of this as it appears many aren't aware of the close ties between Borehamwood and their illustrious wealthy neighbours.

Now remind me how low are their attendances again?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I was wondering the same. However they manage to keep their heads above water, the important point is that they have one point and one game advantage on Notts and have conceded just 13 goals in 20 games. Bore Em Stiff yes - but not to be underestimated.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Now remind me how low are their attendances again?
    Depends on how they calculate them.

Do they just count fans who were there, or do they include fans who claimed they were there but weren't?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Depends on how they calculate them.

Do they just count fans who were there, or do they include fans who claimed they were there but weren't?
    Good question, some clubs count season ticket holders in their attendance figures even if the said season ticket holder wasn't at the game. Although I doubt that's the case here.

I know you aren't a stats man or like dealing with numbers but I'm sure you could fire up the old desktop and take 5 mins of your busy day to see if it's quoted anywhere on the internet?

Good on them, I wouldn't begrudge anyone getting promoted from this league. Apart from Chesterfield ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Good on them, I wouldn't begrudge anyone getting promoted from this league. Apart from Chesterfield ha ha.
    I agree. The top 8-10 teams are all fairly competitive. Like you I wouldn’t begrudge whom ever is promoted as this is a season where I firmly believe the best 2 teams will end up getting promoted.
    The last couple of seasons is open for debate as we will never know if anyone could have caught Barrow. Last season can’t be underestimated in terms of a lack of fans, it was a genuine leveller.

Not sure about best 2 teams will end up getting promoted but the best team will win the league of that I am sure. Looks very competitive at present, what our recent good form has done is further strengthen our play off claims (bare minimum) for this season.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast