+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thats been coming

ah of course. Mate, lets put this into perspective here ....2 more wins and we beat our best Champ season points tally since TM arrived, and being fair its only Jan.
    We have already exceeded everyones expectations and from that aspect, this season has been great. I do feel we have improved across the board and are looking a decent side at this level.
    If we made the play offs, great. A massive sign we are finally heading in the right direction, and have something positive to build on.
    This side in the Prem? I am unsure. I feel it would get embarrassing.

Possibly but the financial stability would sort the clubs debt out straight away.
    Of course you want your team to be competitive but financially that cost a fortune and as Fulham will tell you that doesn't always guarantee success.

Equally, we have as much right to be back there than almost all these nothing clubs like Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth etc. At least we contributed in that league albeit a long time ago now. We didnt go up and make up the numbers and just hover around the bottom. Both times we went up, we went on and won something. And added to that league, with some immense players.

We will never have as good a chance as right here now this season, to get up. Next season will be very tough. Newcastle will likely be down here. The time is now to jump out of theis league, lest get involved in those parachute payments at the very least.
    For me, we have now moved away from that mid-table pack of clubs in the Champ. We have to try push on now and get up, somehow. The odds are still stacked against us, even now. But we are here fighting.
    We have to remember, this is what we all wanted.

Okay... I will take the bait Champs,all those nothing clubs have had to earn their right to play in the Premier league..Unlike your nothing club that bought their way into it and then bought their way to winning it..With a bit of luck you will be in administration when the Venkys realise their errors. Lol.

Only joking and hope you get promoted this season as you are defying all odds with the schite squad you have.😎

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Okay... I will take the bait Champs,all those nothing clubs have had to earn their right to play in the Premier league..Unlike your nothing club that bought their way into it and then bought their way to winning it..With a bit of luck you will be in administration when the Venkys realise their errors. Lol.

Only joking and hope you get promoted this season as you are defying all odds with the schite squad you have.😎
    To balance that up, look at the billions massive clubs Like Aston Villa, Spurs, Wolves, West Ham, Everton have all spent trying to buy success? It took the mighty Liverpool over 30 years and billions spent to achieve what we did.
    All those massive big city clubs, much bigger than us, already had a place at the big table. We didn't. We had start from nothing and win a Premier League. All those clubs names, add them ALL together, and they have won less than us. Despite decades of spending money.
    This notion of just ONE single club having money is crazy. Yes we had some, we spent it well and won something.
    All those massive clubs can't say that, but we can. So it clearly isn't as easy as just having money.
    The year we won it in 94/95 the biggest club on the planet spent more than us. We still beat them to a title.
    What you hear 30 years later, is ah well you bought it.
    Manchester United bought finishing second. Outspending us, so that should be an indicator to our achievment.
    The last time Burnley went down and came back up, they relied on the Parachute payments, outspent their rivals and bought promotion. This little old Burnley card gets used quite alot I notice, rolled out more when your failing.

And we have great Owners no matter what anyone tries to tell me, I would much rather be in our postion, than Burnleys. And would not swap owners given the chance. Ours invest, stay loyal and support their manager.
    Right here and now, which is the only relevance. Not what happened 8 years ago. Football has moved on, we have. We are much stronger as a club now.

"We are much stronger as a club now."

So are we ...We are holding everybody else up.😁

Nice essay Champs,but it doesn't cut any cloth with me.You bought your title just like all the money clubs have done..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    "We are much stronger as a club now."

So are we ...We are holding everybody else up.😁

Nice essay Champs,but it doesn't cut any cloth with me.You bought your title just like all the money clubs have done..
    You will be hard pushed to name a club who haven't spent relative wealth to achieve success, which is the case in all sports not just football. All I was saying is, bigger clubs than us have spent billions and won nothing. We actually won something.

No you didn't!!! You bought it. 😇

Imagine walking into tesco and saying "I will have one premier league title please"

Spurs, Villa and Everton all asked that very question, and got nothing. They offered more money than us.
    Of course Chelsea, arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool didnt buy it. They all did it on a budget.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)