+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thats been coming

Thats been coming

The past few weeks we have been far from great but tonight's performance really took the biscuit.
    Disjointed and very poor.
    Yes the referee didn't help our cause but we looked absolutely lost.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    The past few weeks we have been far from great but tonight's performance really took the biscuit.
    Disjointed and very poor.
    Yes the referee didn't help our cause but we looked absolutely lost.
    A few reasons though, lets be fair and honest here. We are not playing well. That happens. It happened to BOTH Fulham and Bournemouth, when we made up massive ground on both clubs, beating one away during that run. We where never ever going to carry on winning every single game.
    We have big players missing last night. One, we could survive. Losing Travis meant we had absolutely nothing in midfield. Buckley was poor in both the Cardiff and Hull games. Rothwell was poor last night last night, meaning we had nothing. Rankin Costello is not good enough for us. Never has been. He have the ball away all night. Losing Nymabe, Travis, Pickering has had an effect. That happens to sides. Combine that with a slight loss of form, and last nights result happens. That result was coming on Sat vrs Cardiff, we where awful. Teams at every level lose form at some point. We are currently going through that period.
    We started so poorly last night, I was worried.
    Had the ref given us the clear pen, it would have changed the game there and then. He failed to give us a clear pen. Playing well or not, you cant account for that. Had he given it, we probably would not have lost.
    A clear foul on our keeper for their second while we where dominating, meant we lost.
    You have nights like this in football.
    Its about how you bounce back. We have lost form, no doubt.
    Anyone expecting us to win every game and never ever lose are crazy. which is the feeling I am getting on various boards today. I have read more comments today, than at any point during a 6 match winning streak.
    I am reading the same old comments about Gallagher that I spent 3 seasons reading about Brereton.

I fully expected a loss of form. I fully expected us to lose some players along the way. And I absolutely fully expected the Mowbray out Crew to unleash months of pent up hate out. And blame individual players like Gallagher.
    It would be nice for everyone to support their side during what will be a tough time we are entering. Have they earnt that? Yes, of course. Will they get that support? No, of course not. People are going to start churning out ...I told you so .......

Referee was terrible .needs to be taken off the list ..You were schite though.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Referee was terrible .needs to be taken off the list ..You were schite though.
    It was all wrong last night. The team selected was wrong. we have been woeful vrs Hudds town, Wigan, Cardiff and last night. We are playing badly. We deserved no luck last night, and got nothing.
    Brereton, I am starting to think maybe we could cash in now.
    he has reverted back to the player from the last 3 season, shocking. He has lost his edge 100%. And we are 100% reliant on him. I think he actually hit a purple patch like Armstrong. Probably very limited as a player, but hit good form.
    I won't be hanging any hopes on going up based on his goals, he may not do much from now on. If he gets no service, then he will do nothing. We have stopped creating anything.
    One player did well last night, Edun. Who I really rate and like. The rest looked really poor, and the next set of games up until the end of Feb will no doubt see us fall away badly. Probably altogether.
    We have a load of tough away games.
    Teams going up would have strolled into Hull last night, and smashed a side who have just lost 5 in a row about 4 or 5 nil.
    Our luck, our form has run out, as have our goals. 9 of the 11 last night where shocking. They have been for the last 3 or 4 games. We just got very lucky in one and managed to fluke a win.

Need to beat Boro,or at least not lose Champs.

Look through the next month or so and tell me where the next win is coming from?
    As champs said above this wasn't a fluke result,it's been coming for weeks.
    Slowly but surely the wheels have started to come off.
    If we don't stop it soon,it could easily become the expected second half collapse to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Look through the next month or so and tell me where the next win is coming from?
    As champs said above this wasn't a fluke result,it's been coming for weeks.
    Slowly but surely the wheels have started to come off.
    If we don't stop it soon,it could easily become the expected second half collapse to the season.
    Why am I like this!!
    But I am pretty sure now that we will not be beating Boro. Actually, I'm pretty happy Brereton is not playing, as he has been woeful. God I hope I am wrong, and I really will be made up if they react to this properly.
    But while we where on the good run, a much bigger part of me was always thinking, when will this come to end, as we are actually nothing special at all. It went on much longer than expected, and its just one of those things. It swept everyone into believing we had a chance this year.
    I admit now, I think they will fall away pretty badly here from now. Off a cliff.
    I want to be wrong about that. But having endured watching the last few games, it smacks of last season(s). A weak minded side who have frailties, that are easily exposed.

Or, are we just being really harsh? Was it a one off where they needed reminding, like the Fulham game. Which sparked their season into life? I hope it is that, and we get back on it.
    All the sings point to the wheels coming off quite badly.

Damn football, why did they get our hopes up!! It would be much better had we slunked off into our normal midtable position sleepwalking to May.

I can see 7 points between now and the end of the season.
    That will be a monumental fall from grace,from promotion candidates to not even mid table.
    It's deja vu all over again but boy oh boy do I hope I am wrong.
    From the Barnsley game to the cardiff game,too may indications that we were due a rocky spell and the Hull game brought us all crashing down to earth.
    Only mowbray can give the motivation needed to get us through this rocky spell.
    How long before he is sat motionless and bored on the touchline?

Oh I don't agree with that mate. I think the wheels will come off, but I would be shocked if they only got 7 points the rest of the season. What I mean by wheels coming off, we may not win 8 games in a row again. That may not happen. Then again, it could do.
    I dont believe we will just lose every game. I think we will still finish in the play offs, but will not go up.
    Every side has a dodgy period, we are in ours now. Have your bad spell in Jan, not May.

Might be a little controversial but if we finish in the play offs,I will still consider that a huge success.
    Promoted or not,that would be a huge tick in my eyes.
    We are punching above our weight and the past few weeks,has shown that quite clearly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)