+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And so it begins

And so it begins

Not only are we in it up to our necks on the field the yanks have defaulted on payments agreed to buy the club.
    There is a thought they’re waiting to the other side of the tax year to defer millions in tax , but apparently there is no money available to us and we can’t secure sponsorship deals because of our league and financial positions.

If we thought we were in trouble before I really fear the worst now.

Tv rights money is due to us but it looks to me like they’re not prepared to risk their own money in a business that demands it , if you ain’t in it for the love of football they’ve bought the wrong business (!I use the word bought loosely).
    Last edited by army88; 20-01-2022 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Not only are we in it up to our necks on the field the yanks have defaulted on payments agreed to buy the club.
    There is a thought they’re waiting to the other side of the tax year to defer millions in tax , but apparently there is no money available to us and we can’t secure sponsorship deals because of our league and financial positions.

If we thought we were in troCo. have not uble before I really fear the worst now.

Tv rights money is due to us but it looks to me like they’re not prepared to risk their own money in a business that demands it , if you ain’t in it for the love of football they’ve bought the wrong business (!I use the word bought loosely).
    Exactly my opinion Army.When I said Pace & Co. have not a pot to piss in 6 months ago few believed it.Only a matter of time before BFC`s number one fan is back steering the ship in the Championship.I wonder if he will want to re-invest what he siphoned out of the club.....
    I have a feeling the whole ****fest is about to implode.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 20-01-2022 at 08:27 AM.

Bloody hell.

The debt has been rescheduled. That is good news at least. What else is outstanding? NIC contributions? HMRC shows little interest in deferring tax liabilities.

No money will be spent on players now, I am guessing. A downward spiral I fear. Relegation, fire sale of players, the return of Garlick, falling revenues. BFC and it’s fans deserve better than this!

Christ! I so hope this isn't true as it's starting to sound like the nightmare we endured - and the road that Derby - another founder member - are going down ATM.

Did you see the numbers?
    The yanks have only put up £30mil and borrowed £90mil and still owe Garlic.. who has agreed to the group changing their payment structure to him until April as they cant afford the payments...
    how was this sale allowed to happen like this?
    why is BFC only valued at 105mil?

whatever we think....Pace et-al know exactly what they're doing, have spent their lives spinning the numbers...and just looking at Garlick tells you he's a crafty fox - so whatever happens, did so because they made it so, wanted it so....for better Or for worse, "they" won't lose out.

FFS how did the EPL allow this to happen?

Due diligence my arse...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17392...harebar_native

Don't believe anything the Sun says or Nixon,it will be some w@nker from Newcastle spreading rumours..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Don't believe anything the Sun says or Nixon,it will be some w@nker from Newcastle spreading rumours..
    Word from inside Turf Moor is the staff are scared $hitless Alf.

"Director's bonus" paid out of the Wood funds and first plane back to Salt Lake City?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)