+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Question for Blackdogblue/Chalky

Question for Blackdogblue/Chalky

How does the Rochdale FC Trust work? Ours owns a quarter of the Club but has only 400 members, few of whom vote. We have a Club Board and a Holding Company Board and the Trust have seats on both, though are generally seen as yes-men.

Just for comparison, how many members in your Trust, does it “own” the Club or part of it? Seats on the Board? It certainly seems very active and successful hite ours just exists.

Hi Griff,

There are over 1200 members in our Trust a lot of which are also shareholders and the last vote from memory had a very high turn out.

We have a member of the Trust on the Board at Dale & with the new regime it seems to be a contributory role not a token.

The Trust are a major shareholder in the club now following the last share option, to be honest I am not 100% sure who “owns” the club as I don’t believe one person owns 51%…

The main thing is that there's complete trust in the Trust (if you see what I mean)
    It's amazing how the supporters have come together with the Trust to fight a takeover which wasn't welcome and it's over yet by any means,I've been a member for the past two years and will continue to do so,I even donate £10 a month along with others to the Trust for further shares should any become available plus I bought 100 shares in the club to help things along although the recent share take up was very healthy among the supporters

*and it's NOT over yet

Ta mate. The more the better it seems.

There's also regular emails sent to it's members detailing everything that's happing to RAFC and as bd says they've even got a representative on the board at the club,they've worked incredibly hard over the past two years or so trying to sort out the mess that's happened,it's all got very nasty in the past as bd and Kel will know and it's not gone away yet

Definatly not gone away… it was posted by the club on the website:

Notification of a High Court Claim filed by Morton House MGT and First Form Construction Limited (“Morton House”).

The Board of Directors report that Morton House has filed a High Court claim naming the Board of Directors and the Dale Trust as respondents.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)