+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All falling apart.

All falling apart.

The Daily Mail is now sniffing around, they obviously think they're onto something, normally we're ignored, but the Mail has featured us twice in three days, and they're opening a right can of worms. Payments from ALK to Garlick and his chums, due last year, have been deferred until April, they can't find any more investment to help them pay their debts, so it's probably by by to the Wood money and the TV money, they'll have to use that instead.

"EXCLUSIVE: Payment delays raise alarm for Burnley with fears TV funds and player sales will have to fund their £170m American buyout, as new owners ALK Capital struggle to find investment
    The delay in payment from Burnley's owners raises fears over the club's finances
    Payments are owed to ex-directors and are required to complete their takeover
    The Clarets sold striker Chris Wood to Newcastle for £25m earlier in January
    ALK capital declined to answer Sportsmail’s questions on the payment schedule"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-position.html

If we aren't in D1 inside two years, I won't mention Burton's Window, I'll just say I'll be very surprised and relieved.
    Last edited by sinkov; 20-01-2022 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The Daily Mail is now sniffing around, they obviously think they're onto something, normally we're ignored, but the Mail has featured us twice in three days, and they're opening a right can of worms. Payments from ALK to Garlick and his chums, due last year, have been deferred until April, they can't find any more investment to help them pay their debts, so it's probably by by to the Wood money and the TV money, they'll have to use that instead.

"EXCLUSIVE: Payment delays raise alarm for Burnley with fears TV funds and player sales will have to fund their £170m American buyout, as new owners ALK Capital struggle to find investment
    The delay in payment from Burnley's owners raises fears over the club's finances
    Payments are owed to ex-directors and are required to complete their takeover
    The Clarets sold striker Chris Wood to Newcastle for £25m earlier in January
    ALK capital declined to answer Sportsmail’s questions on the payment schedule"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-position.html

If we aren't in D1 inside two years, I won't mention Burton's Window, I'll just say I'll be very surprised and relieved.
    We will be fine Sinkov-the grand old custodians of the club will be back to pick up the pieces.The people everybody were lauding as running the club properly and a beacon to clubs further down the ladder until they sold it to the first bankster that came along and then proceeded to siphon out the clubs 50-60m saved up by not investing in the squad.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 20-01-2022 at 02:11 PM.

Flippin heck Sinky ,you are turning into a right pessimistic beggar,the truth is I'm inclined to be the same after reading some weird things about our club.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Flippin heck Sinky ,you are turning into a right pessimistic beggar,the truth is I'm inclined to be the same after reading some weird things about our club.
    You can actually see the downward spiral Alf and it's really quite alarming.

I remember Supersub6 saying, "Be careful what you wish for", when Garlick was getting dog's abuse on here and a change of ownership was wanted.

Not looking so good now is it?

Just ignore it until any hard facts come out - we played our players early in December and some of the tabloids tried to make a story out of that and not paying them at the right time.

Not sure when your next game is but hope you start getting some Ws on the board as think the PL would lose something without you cheery Lancashire folk

It is what it is Alf, it's all heading in one direction, and it ain't up. All this we have games in hand stuff, we can turn it round, even if we go down we can bounce straight back, it's all bollox, the club has been well and truly shafted by the previous and current owners, D1 here we come.

And that's not the worst of it, we're likely to end up in admin as well. That's what happens when owners run out of other people's money, and this lot never had any in the first place.

It's looking that way Sinky.we are doomed,I tell thee we are doomed. Its been a good ride if nothing else.

Leeds 0 Newcastle 1 ..words fail me.😒

Leeds 0 Newcastle 1 ..words fail me.��
    I did say about a month ago that Newcastle would buy their way out of trouble.Unfortunately BFC does not have that option.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I did say about a month ago that Newcastle would buy their way out of trouble.Unfortunately BFC does not have that option.
    no Var check on the goal - Buda...ball was helped in by schar - but was he offside ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH1BrZHDga8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)