+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Seems a bit of a war has broken out …..

Ahmad repeated it again in his Q&A so just take it as a given Nudge--

The arseoyles will not put a penny of their own money into the club. They haven't done so far and they do not intend to start. Taking money out of the club, say £750K, now that's a different matter.

Am chuffin sick oneering abart all this shyte , same question's , same answers it's like magic rarndabart !! Bag o shyte ,
    and BTW av earrd ! A Wendy fan formerly of this parish is behind the takeover with a Local scrap dealer, an Indian fella , and sumdi from Spuds you like , and we will be wearing blue & white striped shirts next season !! You heard it ere fust ,,

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Can I start with the fact that they treated the West stand season ticket holders with total contempt & disrespect , I think that is a good base at which to start , I could then go on to list numerous other reasons why their departure from Oakwell would be welcomed but all these have been discussed & talked about many times .
    Thanks for writing almost the exact words I was about to write when I started reading this thread Shadrack. The reasons for disliking this ownership have been done to death to the point I'm fed up of hearing them. But the west stand debacle, as you rightly say, is a good base to start.

I have to say I'm not entirely convinced by the Supporters Trust having read over a number of months a prominent member on bbs who was also one part of the double act who interviewed Kahlad the other day .

Now I mean no disrespect to the Supporters Trust who I'm sure have the best intentions at heart for the club they clearly love .

I'm not entirely convinced on two key areas .

Firstly a Protest Group kind of takes them out of play as a representative of the Supporters and my gut instinct tells me they like to be top dog when it comes to all things representative , meet with the CEO and interviewed on Radio Sheffield etc .

They appear to be rather lukewarm towards the Protest Group , Luke G has contacted them to I understand put the record straight with regard to the hoax account and his intentions with the Protest Group , he defiantly does not want the Supporters to become split .

I'll be interested to know whether they are willing to engage with Luke and the group .

My gut instinct also tells me that whilst as I've said the Supporters Trust have the best intentions I'm also fairly certain in the grand scheme of things they are about as affective as taking a pea shooter to the D Day Landings when it comes to taking on PMG .

It's just not what they are about in my opinion , most of the stuff they've dealt with in the past was pretty low key stuff .

Once they've interviewed the CEO , put it up on YouTube that's pretty much it , the answers they receive back are the answers and they've gone as far as they can with it .

I'd suggest everyone who can goes to The Garrison on Feb 1st and at least listen to what they have to say and from that you can pretty much plot your own route as to how you want to if at all proceed .

This subject has indeed been done to death, and it makes me think the majority now are so sick of it that theres no way back anymore for the owners (if there ever was to begin with).
    Id say that even if they did make some apologies to us fans for what they've done or not done to the club so far. And also even if they made a few needed changes to their so called model, in an attempt to help the club progress etc.
    First of all that won't ever happen, and to be honest I really think its gone way beyond that now anyway.
    But you still keep playing the weird naive card here Nudger lol, asking why us fans are thinking and reacting this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    This subject has indeed been done to death, and it makes me think the majority now are so sick of it that theres no way back anymore for the owners (if there ever was to begin with).
    Id say that even if they did make some apologies to us fans for what they've done or not done to the club so far. And also even if they made a few needed changes to their so called model, in an attempt to help the club progress etc.
    First of all that won't ever happen, and to be honest I really think its gone way beyond that now anyway.
    But you still keep playing the weird naive card here Nudger lol, asking why us fans are thinking and reacting this way.
    Because he has nothing better to do Acido.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I fear we are only at the beginning of this and it will dominate both this board , bbs and other social media platforms .

As the teams fortunes further decline the more anger and frustration it will generate .

The teams fortunes or lack of them are now substantially linked to the ownership and the way the club is run .

This is entirely different to the days when Keef could be conveniently hung out to dry as we sat at the foot of the championship with Cryne exempt on an account he saved the club .

This club was in an extremely good financial position when this lot bought 80% of the club four years ago .

As the Town's crest says

" Let us be judged by our acts "

We haven't a pot to pyss in and this is the worst championship side I can ever remember .

Let us be judged by our acts indeed .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I have to say I'm not entirely convinced by the Supporters Trust having read over a number of months a prominent member on bbs who was also one part of the double act who interviewed Kahlad the other day .

Now I mean no disrespect to the Supporters Trust who I'm sure have the best intentions at heart for the club they clearly love .

I'm not entirely convinced on two key areas .

Firstly a Protest Group kind of takes them out of play as a representative of the Supporters and my gut instinct tells me they like to be top dog when it comes to all things representative , meet with the CEO and interviewed on Radio Sheffield etc .

They appear to be rather lukewarm towards the Protest Group , Luke G has contacted them to I understand put the record straight with regard to the hoax account and his intentions with the Protest Group , he defiantly does not want the Supporters to become split .

I'll be interested to know whether they are willing to engage with Luke and the group .

My gut instinct also tells me that whilst as I've said the Supporters Trust have the best intentions I'm also fairly certain in the grand scheme of things they are about as affective as taking a pea shooter to the D Day Landings when it comes to taking on PMG .

It's just not what they are about in my opinion , most of the stuff they've dealt with in the past was pretty low key stuff .

Once they've interviewed the CEO , put it up on YouTube that's pretty much it , the answers they receive back are the answers and they've gone as far as they can with it .

I'd suggest everyone who can goes to The Garrison on Feb 1st and at least listen to what they have to say and from that you can pretty much plot your own route as to how you want to if at all proceed .
    On point 1 Animal, I think the, what appears to have been, a hastily arranged interview with Khaled by the Supporters' Trust in response to the Protest Group's proposed actions, adequately backs up your point.
    I'd agree with your instinct on point 2 as well.
    I'm hoping that someone on here will post the key points from the Garrison meeting. Top job for our resident journalist I think lol.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I fear we are only at the beginning of this and it will dominate both this board , bbs and other social media platforms .

As the teams fortunes further decline the more anger and frustration it will generate .

The teams fortunes or lack of them are now substantially linked to the ownership and the way the club is run .

This is entirely different to the days when Keef could be conveniently hung out to dry as we sat at the foot of the championship with Cryne exempt on an account he saved the club .

This club was in an extremely good financial position when this lot bought 80% of the club four years ago .

As the Town's crest says

" Let us be judged by our acts "

We haven't a pot to pyss in and this is the worst championship side I can ever remember .

Let us be judged by our acts indeed .
    I fully expect to hear a lot about the protests and ownership views on here Animal. I was just agreeing with Shadrack that the reasons for be cheesed off with the ownership have been heard and discussed to death now.
    Yes, you couldn't get a much more apt saying on the Crest could you.

Right then guys .

Take a deep breath because this is hot off the press .

First of all Andy Giddings from Radio Sheffield has contacted the group and the group are set to receive the media attention it clearly needs .

Luke also has a very good contact within the club who is relaying information to him although understandably that person cannot be identified .

Finally .......

I also understand Luke G is in contact with a person or persons who are interested in purchasing the club from PMG , he had a meeting last night with them .

An announcement will be made within the next four to five days as to who they are .

The meeting at The Garrison on Feb 1st is hopefully the start of something better .

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast