+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Seems a bit of a war has broken out …..

Lots going on at the club.
    But not enough to steer Choppy and Acido away from having a dig.
    Can’t yer just have a day off !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Lots going on at the club.
    But not enough to steer Choppy and Acido away from having a dig. Can’t yer just have a day off !!!
    Aww, you do it first ehh Nudger kid lol.

I din't want to post about the recent meeting with Khaled, who is of course acting as the public face of the club. Because like most fans I just thought it would be more of the same washed down political type spin n' boloni. Which in't worth any snap n' baccy of course is it.

But seriously this new set of comments and suggestions and rumours on here Animal, has got me very VERY interested!.

Just to make things clear - I’m not a ‘kid’.
    Young Nudger is my pit name - as my father ‘Nudger’ worked at the same pit.
    To give people an idea of how old I am - I used to catch the bus into town to watch Barnsley when Barrie Thomas was playing.
    I ain’t a kid.

To give people an idea of how old I am - I used to catch the bus into town to watch Barnsley when Barrie Thomas was playing.
    I ain’t a kid.
    Fair enough Nudger, but 'kid' is summat I often call people, both on public message boards like this and verbally as well in real life. And this is regardless of how old or young the person is, its certainly not meant in an offensive way!.
    And for example, another daft word I often post/say to people is 'Uncle', its just a thing Ive always done and always will do.

I'll be honest though and give you credit Nudger for really knowing your stuff on here and I agree you definitely aren't just a 'kid' when it comes to talking about this club. I just wish you would stop playing silly games on here though and asking blatantly obvious questions aimed at the rest of us fans, which you know the answer to anyway. This just makes it look like your simply on a sad wind up all the time, so why ehh ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 21-01-2022 at 10:00 PM.

I ain’t a kid.
    You've explained that before Nudge. I believe you said you're in your 50s. See I do take note.
    Now this new stuff that Animal's come up with is very interesting. I hope it has 'legs' but I'm sure the owners will want to turn a large profit once they hear of any interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    You've explained that before Nudge. I believe you said you're in your 50s. See I do take note.
    Now this new stuff that Animal's come up with is very interesting. I hope it has 'legs' but I'm sure the owners will want to turn a large profit once they hear of any interest.
    Been some good interesting posts by Animal today.
    I darn’t tell him that tho.

Nudger on a wind up?

Well i never.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    To be fair Arby wanting to purchase the club is one thing and it happening is quite another as I'm sure you'd agree .

I sincerely hope for Luke G's sake who is a very credible lad that this prospective ownership position is real and has significant funds .

The whole credibility of the Protest Group depends on it .

If it isn't it will kill the group stone dead in my opinion and it would be difficult to start another one for quite a while .

The Group have already suffered some damage with the hoax account .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    To be fair Arby wanting to purchase the club is one thing and it happening is quite another as I'm sure you'd agree .

I sincerely hope for Luke G's sake who is a very credible lad that this prospective ownership position is real and has significant funds .

The whole credibility of the Protest Group depends on it .

If it isn't it will kill the group stone dead in my opinion and it would be difficult to start another one for quite a while .

The Group have already suffered some damage with the hoax account .
    I totally agree Animal; that's what was alluding to with my comment of PMG wanting top dollar if they get a sniff of interest. They'll be stubborn ones to shift and only money could shift them iny opinion.
    If someone has that sort of money and is a prospective buyer, with all due respect to TYkes TV to I'm not sure why they'd be approaching the purchase through them.
    I'm not so sure that the protest great would fall apart though, albeit it will take some sort of hit to its credibility.
    Let's see what happens and remain optimistic.

If people want to protest then IMO it doesn't matter how credible the potential buyer is.
    Does it matter that there is a potential buyer?
    I don’t think so.
    What matters is that the club goes in a different direction.
    If the directors are losing money - or not bringing in the money they expected - which will happen if relegated - as well as supporters voicing their opinions - then the directors will change direction.
    It might be slight - but it will change.

Remember - every player at the club will be valued less than what they are now if they are in a 1st Division team.
    In other words - all those young players the owners have bought are unlikely to increase in value.
    And that’s on top of the loss of TV money etc etc.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast