+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seems a bit of a war has broken out …..

Seems a bit of a war has broken out …..

….. Between the ‘Conway Out’ admin team and the admin of that message board site that cannot be named.

Personally I believe all views are valid.
    Whether you want the owners to leave or you don’t.

Can the real Martin Nettleton please stand up, please stand up.
    Can the real Martin Nettleton please stand up, please stand up.

I’ve listened to Tykes TV - Twitter going barmy - total confusion on the site that can not be named.
    Can anyone explain what’s happened ???

And something that I still am trying to understand is that a lot of fans saying Conway Out but they are not giving the reasons why.

Now I’ve become recently unhappy with the owners and I have specific reasons why.
    But many are proclaiming Conway Out - but why ?

Some shenanigans with a fake Facebook account that tried unsuccessfully to say that a Martin Nettleton was behind a consortium of local business men who were prepared to purchase the club .

As I say it's fake .

The question is who was behind it ?

Very strange , I'm not going to post who I think COULD be behind it for obvious reasons .

But I wouldn't put it past him .

Divide and conquer is a well used tactic to destroy collective groups of which this town knows well .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Some shenanigans with a fake Facebook account that tried unsuccessfully to say that a Martin Nettleton was behind a consortium of local business men who were prepared to purchase the club .

As I say it's fake .

The question is who was behind it ?

Very strange , I'm not going to post who I think COULD be behind it for obvious reasons .

But I wouldn't put it past him .

Divide and conquer is a well used tactic to destroy collective groups of which this town knows well .
    I do not think you are far off with your thoughts there Animal , there is definitely something suspicious going on , I disagree with YN regarding comments on other forums, having read them myself I think they are just raising concerns & raised questions to which the Facebook group appear to have gone all cloak & dagger which actually fuels concerns as to what exactly are their intentions & why they are not being transparent , watch this space !

Why should someone make a false announcement about the person wanting to buy the club ?
    And why should anyone interested in buying the club start their negotiations with the guy off Tyke Talk ?
    And even more strangely - why has Gally thrown a hissy fit ? Because believe me he is a very placid character.

All of it laugh out loud comical.

Do supporters realise that any potential owner must have substantial wealth to take the club forward.
    If not - then we return to the rollercoaster of the Cryne era.
    It would be great to find a new owner with the same financial commitment to the club as the supporters have.
    I just can’t see it happening.

But the present owners ‘reportedly’ have that wealth.
    However - their rigid business model prevents PMG from manoeuvring successfully.
    Personally - I believe the best course of action would be to demonstrate against these owners to change how they are running the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post

And something that I still am trying to understand is that a lot of fans saying Conway Out but they are not giving the reasons why.

Now I’ve become recently unhappy with the owners and I have specific reasons why.
    But many are proclaiming Conway Out - but why ?
    1 Read this message board back over recent months/ years when you were on BBS amongst fellow Conway apologists/ loyalists now realising, like yourself, they have been duped/pillaked.

2 Look at this morning's Championship table
    Last edited by SBRed48; 21-01-2022 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    1 Read this message board back over recent months/ years when you were on BBS amongst fellow Conway apologists/ loyalists now realising, like yourself, they have been duped/pillaked.

2 Look at this morning's Championship table
    Yes but being bottom of the table or near the bottom of the table dosent mean to say the fans want to get rid of the owners.
    If it did - then there would have been demonstrations at Oakwell nearly every year under the Cryne era.
    So why now ???

I have my own reasons for not liking how these owners are currently steering the club.
    I haven’t seen anything in black and white from others.
    In my view they are getting things wrong - but it’s not something that they can’t easily put right.
    But it would mean dumping the current model.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Yes but being bottom of the table or near the bottom of the table dosent mean to say the fans want to get rid of the owners.
    If it did - then there would have been demonstrations at Oakwell nearly every year under the Cryne era.
    So why now ???

I have my own reasons for not liking how these owners are currently steering the club.
    I haven’t seen anything in black and white from others.
    In my view they are getting things wrong - but it’s not something that they can’t easily put right.
    But it would mean dumping the current model.
    Can I start with the fact that they treated the West stand season ticket holders with total contempt & disrespect , I think that is a good base at which to start , I could then go on to list numerous other reasons why their departure from Oakwell would be welcomed but all these have been discussed & talked about many times .

Realistically thaz got to stay wi the current model but just tweak it to bring in 3 or 4 experienced players to keep the team rigid and a decent head coach. It's not rocket science.

These dingbats let our experienced players leave in the summer and replaced them wi more untried young uns. Thadda thought penny would a dropped bi nar after 4 years but as we know it's not abart success on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Realistically thaz got to stay wi the current model but just tweak it to bring in 3 or 4 experienced players to keep the team rigid and a decent head coach. It's not rocket science.

These dingbats let our experienced players leave in the summer and replaced them wi more untried young uns. Thadda thought penny would a dropped bi nar after 4 years but as we know it's not abart success on the pitch
    I’ve similar views.

These owners are here to make money - that’s great - because if they make money it means the club and players within it are successful.

So the bottom line is making money through their business model.
    But these owners are on the brink of losing £££Millions through relegation.
    In other words
    THEIR BUSINESS MODEL HAS FAILED.

Evidence that there business model has failed is not just the position we find ourselves in - it was also evident in the scramble to change tactics this season to make players sellable at the expense of the success of the team.
    Desperate measures.
    And those measures added to the demise of Marcus Schopp.
    No one, ie Khaled, at the club should be pointing the finger at Marcus Schopp.
    The buck stops with the owners.

Money within a business obviously shows where you are doing things right and where you are doing things wrong.
    The PMG business model at Barnsley is showing PMG where they are getting it wrong.

But IMO with a few tweaks it could be easily turned around.
    All what these owners need to do is continue with the current self sustaining model of recruiting young talent and developing those players before selling them for a profit.
    But to add to that these owners should be financing, out of their own pocket, two (maybe 3?) good experienced players that are leaders who are able to help with the development of the younger players.

Is that too much to ask?

These owners should not be trying to make money solely off the backs of loyal Barnsley supporters.
    That’s unacceptable and unethical.
    They need to up their financial input.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 21-01-2022 at 03:25 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast