+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bamford

Ok, so he has one goal to show for all that! I think for the amount we paid we should expect a little more. Man U failed for it but luckily they found another sucker and made a profit.JG in his cameo efforts has done more than him.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    i must watch a different game. James was great yesterday, just not a striker.
    I agree 1000%

Not a pure striker but what a great team player. came back more than once and stopped a run by NC. Don't understand the slagging.

Rodrigo and Roberts.... that's a totally different story.

wish Joffy would get a run as a pure CF for us. could be lethal against a team like NC or some of the other bottom teams.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    The trouble with him is he thinks he is really god hance trying to dribble too many. So many times he loses the ball which causes us problems. But really one game and all of a sudden he's a champion in here. He is just a player worth having nothing super. Even James is worshiped in here and in WTF terms he is Shyte. When fully fit surely Harrison gets in front of him.
    Sorry Oz, I kniw you were using my terminology rather than suggesting I agree with your assessment, but in any case I don't. James isn't a CF, never will be and yet again we're putting a player in a position he will never exel at. Did ok yesterday, apart from his finish, which as a non-CF I for one will forgive him. Worked hard and showed that he's capable of living with Bielsaball.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Sorry Oz, I kniw you were using my terminology rather than suggesting I agree with your assessment, but in any case I don't. James isn't a CF, never will be and yet again we're putting a player in a position he will never exel at. Did ok yesterday, apart from his finish, which as a non-CF I for one will forgive him. Worked hard and showed that he's capable of living with Bielsaball.
    Yeah wasn't referring to the last 2 games I know he's out of position but did nothing prior. In a full list, you would have raph bamf so in the other spot who would you have Harrison or him?

Doing ‘something’ or doing ‘nothing’ how do you separate theses analysis? He is not setting our world alight with his goal scoring okay, but he puts a shift in imo and likes to mix it up. When fully fit team (when) and players in there regular role, we are a good watch, again imo.

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    Doing ‘something’ or doing ‘nothing’ how do you separate theses analysis? He is not setting our world alight with his goal scoring okay, but he puts a shift in imo and likes to mix it up. When fully fit team (when) and players in there regular role, we are a good watch, again imo.
    Like them both tbh but within our system if can only play one out wide then Dan James for me - quicker and seems to have more football acumen.

Harrison seems to be a better finisher though.
    Would be interested to see them both on the left at LWB and LW.

Yeah Harrison does have more a ‘nose’ for goal. When fully fit squad and we get some sort of balance yes a good attack on our left side.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)