+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Carlos and other transfers

Carlos and other transfers

This Diego Carlos transfer looks dead. Just as expected really.

I Wonder if they are trying to sign any of these players, I'm starting to think its all agent driven, or just driven by the so called transfer experts.

Either way, its all bollox. In real life were probably just looking at a loan or two.

Its rather shocking that they cant pull off any more signings.

I don't find it shocking at all.

We are a huge question mark as a club at the moment with relegation looking more and more likely, even if we have a lot of money to spend.

Having said that, I hope we will be getting another couple of players over the line within the next few days.

I’ve no doubt this has already been written elsewhere on here but these Hollywood signings just aren’t appropriate in this window. Yes, it would be great to get one or two if deals can be done but I think we should’ve been targeting the right type of player even if there were a couple of loans thrown in there to improve on what we already have. It’s all about staying up this year then moving on as much of the deadwood & replacing in the next couple of windows. Not really sure what the transfer strategy is to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    I’ve no doubt this has already been written elsewhere on here but these Hollywood signings just aren’t appropriate in this window. Yes, it would be great to get one or two if deals can be done but I think we should’ve been targeting the right type of player even if there were a couple of loans thrown in there to improve on what we already have. It’s all about staying up this year then moving on as much of the deadwood & replacing in the next couple of windows. Not really sure what the transfer strategy is to be honest.
    We’ll never know what the club’s current transfer strategy is but there is a huge amount of cr*p in the press and on social media about our transfer targets.
    What we do know for sure is who we’ve signed. Trippier and Wood. It would appear from that that the club agrees with you.

Hopefully!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)