+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freedom of information Covid

Freedom of information Covid

Calgary will say he's cherry picking

John Campbell is not a medical doctor. He has a PhD in nursing theory. He trained nurses but is now retired. He is not a statistician. He is entitled to his opinion but he is probably calling himself Dr Campbell to give himself an air of credibility and expertise on medical issues that he simply does not have. All medical articles have to be reviewed for statistical validity otherwise they have no value. There is no statistical validity to what he is saying. He might as well be saying that West Brom are the best team in the Championship because we have conceded the fewest goals. Its complete nonsense. In my opinion, and more importantly, in the opinion of my wife who is an MD, his behavior is irresponsible and, if he were a medical doctor, unprofessional.
    Furthermore, there also is now a huge shortage of nurses because of covid. But did he come out of retirement to either help train more nurses or work in a hospital to help out? Or did he hide in his basement knowing full well that he could die if he got covid? And if he got covid, would he want to be treated by another nurse or by a medical doctor? If you needed advice on how to deal with a pandemic would you rather take his advice or consult an infectious diseases doctor who trains for 14 years and an epidemiologist who trains for 12 years? Phild, you are damn right he's cherry picking.

Hi we have followed all the rules and gone above the advice to keep safe, even now.
    I've got a heart and lung problems so my wife has been ultra careful , to the point of going over the top.
    Things like when we have any post or parcels, they go in the garage for 2 days then they get spayed again before opening.
    When we come back in the house we spray all the door handles, if we have visitors after they have gone every surface is cleaned and all the door handles . Any cups and utentsiles are steralized. Which makes you feel bad because they are family.
    3 of my good friends have died ,all of them fit and in good health but un jabbed.
    When you read the figures, which we all knew that not every one died because of covvid, but had other conditions that killed them.
    It makes you think, would we have change the way we went about it I don't think we would.
    But now most of the population have been vacinated, the daily updates of 300 deaths, should be clarifed that of the 300 ,20 or 30 or what ever didn't have any underling health problems.
    I don't think they trusted us with the true facts.

Talk to any proper doctor about this and they’ll tell you about COVID, how hard their lives have been over the last 22 months and the devastation it’s caused.

Go on YouTube and you’ll always find a rogue who twists the context. Why?…because he has 400k views a video. Probably earns him a f*ck load. Read into a lot of these renegades and you realise they are usually on the slide professionally or struck off the register. I’ll take the top professionals views over these t*ssers any day and I’m surprised others will give them air time.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    Talk to any proper doctor about this and they’ll tell you about COVID, how hard their lives have been over the last 22 months and the devastation it’s caused.

Go on YouTube and you’ll always find a rogue who twists the context. Why?…because he has 400k views a video. Probably earns him a f*ck load. Read into a lot of these renegades and you realise they are usually on the slide professionally or struck off the register. I’ll take the top professionals views over these t*ssers any day and I’m surprised others will give them air time.

Hard for doctors in hospitals but doctors in GP Surgery’s - feet up and a disappearing act! The quicker pop up medical centres appear where you pay a reasonable fee - the better so immediate access to a doctor and prescription!

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Hi we have followed all the rules and gone above the advice to keep safe, even now.
    I've got a heart and lung problems so my wife has been ultra careful , to the point of going over the top.
    Things like when we have any post or parcels, they go in the garage for 2 days then they get spayed again before opening.
    When we come back in the house we spray all the door handles, if we have visitors after they have gone every surface is cleaned and all the door handles . Any cups and utentsiles are steralized. Which makes you feel bad because they are family.
    3 of my good friends have died ,all of them fit and in good health but un jabbed.
    When you read the figures, which we all knew that not every one died because of covvid, but had other conditions that killed them.
    It makes you think, would we have change the way we went about it I don't think we would.
    But now most of the population have been vacinated, the daily updates of 300 deaths, should be clarifed that of the 300 ,20 or 30 or what ever didn't have any underling health problems.
    I don't think they trusted us with the true facts.

Spraying handles is as good as a chocolate tea pot if visitors have Covid but don’t know it yet through a lateral flow. Don’t forget a person can be infectious a couple of days before they test positive!

If you are going to get it - you will get it!

Life is for living as tomorrow might never come for anyone being ultra careful anyway with anything!

As soon as i saw the title of this thread, I knew baggiematt would be right on it 😂 didn’t think calgary would either. But it seems a little weird as soon as covid is mentioned you guys act like some guardian to protect some conspiracy going on.

Like i’ve said before, i’m keeping an open mind here. I’ve had my two jabs plus the booster and recently tested positive for omicron. It was an average cd like symptoms and fatigue.

Anyway, you both seem to be taking huge aim at discrediting Dr Campbell.. I actually think he’s quite credible and he has presented the data sources very well. He has no agenda, so I don’t understand why you guys are trying to discredit what he says? Is he trying to suggest some truth that we’ve all been thinking?
    Do you both have shares in big pharma?

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    As soon as i saw the title of this thread, I knew baggiematt would be right on it 😂 didn’t think calgary would either. But it seems a little weird as soon as covid is mentioned you guys act like some guardian to protect some conspiracy going on.

Like i’ve said before, i’m keeping an open mind here. I’ve had my two jabs plus the booster and recently tested positive for omicron. It was an average cd like symptoms and fatigue.

Anyway, you both seem to be taking huge aim at discrediting Dr Campbell.. I actually think he’s quite credible and he has presented the data sources very well. He has no agenda, so I don’t understand why you guys are trying to discredit what he says? Is he trying to suggest some truth that we’ve all been thinking?
    Do you both have shares in big pharma?
    Just another perspective over the anti vax, anti restriction view that occurs on the forum so regularly. There’s several different types of posts certain folk take interest in and have a staunch viewpoint on. Is that ok with you?

I don’t buy into these YouTube doctors telling you what to do while some proper doctors are being discredited.

Of course he has an agenda. Everyone has an agenda. Why do you think he does what he does? He’s not exactly making the world better is he?

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    Just another perspective over the anti vax, anti restriction view that occurs on the forum so regularly. There’s several different types of posts certain folk take interest in and have a staunch viewpoint on. Is that ok with you?

I don’t buy into these YouTube doctors telling you what to do while some proper doctors are being discredited.

Of course he has an agenda. Everyone has an agenda. Why do you think he does what he does? He’s not exactly making the world better is he?
    Yeah but there are a number of credible doctors on infectious diseases who have been either muted/or not been able to put their viewpoint across to MSM since the start of the pandemic. In this particular video by Dr Campbell he’s only going through statistics, which is something anyone can do and you don’t need to be a doctor to make the points he makes. Okay, there might be some context taken out, but stats are stats? Right?

I’ve read he’s in nursing.. but he seriously wouldn’t mislead people adding Dr to his name? I’m guessing he’s a doctors in some other field? Anyway, he seems to be talking sense regarding the number of deaths against attributed to covid and those not. I just don’t get why he’s being attacked. Okay he goes on youtube.. he’s not exactly your average influencer type.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)