+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Vegan Food

O/T Vegan Food

Anybody vegan? Doubt I will ever go veggie/vegan. I looked at the ingredients of a carton of oatmilk today and it read

Oatmilk (Filtered Water, Oat Concentrate), Sunflower Oil, Rapeseed oil, Vitamin and Mineral Blend Calcium Carbonate, Palmitate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sea Salt, Gellan Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Ascorbic Acid (To Protect Freshness), Natural Flavour.

Locust bean gum?? Looks to me you'd be drinking chalk flavoured cooking oil. Is this stuff really good for ya?

Drinking my own cum is more appealing.

Vegetarian = Latin for cannot Hunt

Having what you enjoy is the healthiest option. Why give up food you love and eat cardboard because you heard you might live a couple of years longer?
    If you don't eat meat for ethical reasons then campaign to have animals cared for and dispatched as cleanly as possible.
    If we stopped eating meat and buying animal products then most breeds would become extinct.
    One thing I am against is hunting for sport. It's supposed to be illegal but again if you are from the establishment then it's not.

I was vegetarian for two years from 1969-71 but succumbed to eating meat when I watched my workmates tucking into chicken curry in the works can**** and I wanted to try curry for the first time. I found that I loved curry so that ended my vegetarianism. Forty years later I still have a mental battle with eating meat as I love animals (more than people if I am honest) and I hate the thought of them in abattoirs but I still eat it as my missus does the cooking (I don't cook at all) so I can't really dictate what we eat if I am not prepared to do it myself. God forbid I find myself alone but if I do I will stop eating meat as I could not care less if I eat curry or not anymore. I don't think vegetarians are any more healthy than meat eaters, its a purely ethical thing for me.

Rarely eat meat, even rarer I eat red meat. Veg choice is huge nowadays.....was veggie for six years and only took some chicken after long runs in training.....

We go meat free several times a month. Surprised the alarm tags don't trip the security bleepers on the way out of the supermarket........

I can’t remember the last time my wife ate meat.

Well not at home anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Rarely eat meat, even rarer I eat red meat. Veg choice is huge nowadays.....was veggie for six years and only took some chicken after long runs in training.....
    Did you have a starring role in Chicken Run then Dubs?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)