+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ashley pulled off 5 transfers

Ashley pulled off 5 transfers

In January, 5 decent players without sepending much.

I dont want the fat b@stard back, but what the feck is going on with this lot?

All the money in the world and they cant sign anyone.

Maybe they dont want to spend much more, becasue of relegation.

Could be the quality of player we're after?

The ones we're going after are, in the main, high quality and those players' clubs won't want to lose them precisely because of that.

Think it's quite telling that we did manage to get Chris Wood if that is the case...

Or, we're in a really **** situation and players don't want to join.

Or, the club don't want to be completely screwed on transfers prices.

Or, January is traditionally a very tough window - Ashley did it by promising they could use the club a shop window.

Aye, we need to find little gems, and stop going after top players. Its a fecink waste of time!

If they had done their homework, we would have signed 5 or 6 players by now.

I don't think it's as simple as that, not least because clubs simply don't want to sell and, much as there are exciting times ahead, those times could be a few seasons away if we go down and players are acutely aware of the likelihood of us going down.

You know what, I think it is. We didnt have anyone in charge of transfers until a week before the window open. They should have started this work the week after they bought the club.

If we are willing to take lingard on a permanent then I believe that deal is still alive and I wouldn't be surprised to see Carlos signing either tomorrow or early next week. Only time will tell but I do think we are trying.

I think we're trying, too.

Fatso left us in such a sorry state that they couldn't just rock up and say 'right, break out the chequebook and bring on January'...and that's before you factor in all the other issues around how hard it is to get players in, especially in January, especially to a club who are more than likely going down.

We'll come good...it might just not be as soon as we'd like.

Patience, Viking, my friend.

I cant belive youre patience and positivity. Have you all been drinking?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)