+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That dentist nose talking fud

That dentist nose talking fud

Just seen him on TV say 'science has got us here' and 'it will never go back to what it was'.

So science has destroyed our social structure, has taken control of our lives and is now stating it will never let go? How does he get away with that?

Deeranged, it is obvious that having lost their hold over us they will never admit that their scare, worst case scenario tactics were anything other than life saving. We all have to hope that Boris manages to get Parliament to ditch the draconian rules that allowed these experts to rule us. Come on Boris!

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Deeranged, it is obvious that having lost their hold over us they will never admit that their scare, worst case scenario tactics were anything other than life saving. We all have to hope that Boris manages to get Parliament to ditch the draconian rules that allowed these experts to rule us. Come on Boris!
    The thing is Sturgeon and the Welsh guy have just followed Johnstone and added a bit on; just wonder what they'll do when he bins all restrictions in Englandshire. They'll keep some elements just to show defiance and to maintain some feeling of control I reckon so we won't be free even when the vast majority of the UK population is.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    The thing is Sturgeon and the Welsh guy have just followed Johnstone and added a bit on; just wonder what they'll do when he bins all restrictions in Englandshire. They'll keep some elements just to show defiance and to maintain some feeling of control I reckon so we won't be free even when the vast majority of the UK population is.
    That's where Douglas Ross and Anas Sarwar and Jackie Baillie are so important. They need to make sure that the emergency powers are stopped and try to get some political traction in Holyrood. Saying Boris is good won't work. I think they need to try to show that the politics of SNP independence are bad and find ways to highlight that.

For example The Scottish have sold large tracts of the Scottish coast to some foreign owned energy companies. What are they going to do with the sale of the family silver for £700m. If we were Norwegian we would be putting it in a fund and saving it to help build the economy. If we spend it then we are acting exactly the same way that Westminster did when they sold off the oil and gas licences.

that's where the opposition parties need to get their act together. Put it in a fund and invest it, like Norway, or spend it on electoral bribes to buy votes for independence. We forget that politicians have a very short time horizon in this country. Perhaps this issue might help change that by at least having a debate about what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    That's where Douglas Ross and Anas Sarwar and Jackie Baillie are so important. They need to make sure that the emergency powers are stopped and try to get some political traction in Holyrood. Saying Boris is good won't work. I think they need to try to show that the politics of SNP independence are bad and find ways to highlight that.

For example The Scottish have sold large tracts of the Scottish coast to some foreign owned energy companies. What are they going to do with the sale of the family silver for £700m. If we were Norwegian we would be putting it in a fund and saving it to help build the economy. If we spend it then we are acting exactly the same way that Westminster did when they sold off the oil and gas licences.

that's where the opposition parties need to get their act together. Put it in a fund and invest it, like Norway, or spend it on electoral bribes to buy votes for independence. We forget that politicians have a very short time horizon in this country. Perhaps this issue might help change that by at least having a debate about what to do?
    Totally agree regarding an oil fund, all the proceeds of North Sea oil & gas have been frittered away and we never got cheap petrol or cheap gas.
    I worked offshore in Norway for a short while and Norway has a massive oil fund, many remote communities in Norway receive free electricity, provided by the fund.
    I am appalled that the Scottish government has sold parts of the coastline for a paltry sum and short term gain.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    I am appalled that the Scottish government has sold parts of the coastline for a paltry sum and short term gain.
    But not surprised?

Unless the UK Govt takes these powers from them.....they will never let it go......NEVER.

Apparantly stewards were just telling folk to turn light on phone for vaccine passport check on Tues......once Herr furious an that find that out they will be raging.

This is a fight for our way of life.....I know a lot of independence supporters won't want to hear this but ......unless they are removed or feel they may lose an election ....this is how it will be.

This is why folk shud be ridiculed with masks etc... I know like grantzer would say why should it bother you....it does because it keeps up pretence that there's something to be scared of and/or its a political statement.

Going to Berwick Sunday......the land of the free.😁

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    But not surprised?
    Never surprised with Wee Nippie, my grandson came home from school, all excited and waving a form for a free bus pass
    Seven years old. !
    Reminds me of a passage from MEIN KAMPF, must do some research and see how the Hitler Youth started.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Unless the UK Govt takes these powers from them.....they will never let it go......NEVER.

Apparantly stewards were just telling folk to turn light on phone for vaccine passport check on Tues......once Herr furious an that find that out they will be raging

Going to Berwick Sunday......the land of the free.��
    Cracking Indian restaurant on Bridge Street if you like Indian food.....couple of decent boozers as well fella.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Never surprised with Wee Nippie, my grandson came home from school, all excited and waving a form for a free bus pass
    Seven years old. !
    Reminds me of a passage from MEIN KAMPF, must do some research and see how the Hitler Youth started.
    Is that right? I knew it was up to age 25 but never thought about a minimum age. Is it limited to the Bairns home area? Tayside, Fife etc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)