+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Meat Loaf, heaven can't wait

Meat Loaf, heaven can't wait

He'll be rocking them in the aisles. RIP Marvin. I first saw him on the Old Grey Whistle Test doing Paradise by the dashboard light and he blew my socks off (or was it Ellen Foley?).

Time and tide wait for no man.

Too many of us are dying. R.I.P. Marvin.

Saw him at Earls Court many years ago, or it might have been Wembley Arena, it's a long time ago, one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Jim Steinman, who was there in the audience that night, must take a lot of the credit as well, they just kept on coming, one classic after another, absolutely no duds, not a one all night. To be honest I'm surprised he's lasted this long, he wasn't a well man that night, and that was over 20 years ago.

RIP Marvin.
    Last edited by sinkov; 21-01-2022 at 11:16 AM.

He had a rough childhood, sufferinf at the hands of his alcoholic father, who was a policeman. Managed to get away and worked hard to make a success of his life, very much aided by his meeting with Jim Steinman. Even then, he certainly had lots of ups and downs in middle age but he triumphed and was a smashing artist and showman.
    You don't get musicals written about you unless you have achieved something!
    RIP Marvin.

R.I.P. Meatloaf,top singer and entertainer.

I almost glued Bat Out of Hell LP to my turntable back in 1977-78.Listened to his songs regularly.RIP

Could never get into his music at all. He obviously was really popular, but just never appealed to me.

Claims are being made he died of Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Claims are being made he died of Covid.
    If he actually died OF Covid, that would make him even more unique than he already was.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)