+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magpie Circle with The National League's Mark Ives

Magpie Circle with The National League's Mark Ives

‘Orrible Ives?

Thanks, probably the most boring two people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post

I'm pleasantly surprised to report that it's actually pretty good. Only a couple of name drops and quite a few good questions from Mace so far.

The fact that it seems to take ten years to get each point across the reason for my post

Agree with you both. If you play it at 1.25x or 1.5x speed it is better.

The fact that it seems to take ten years to get each point across the reason for my post
    Must admit I soon zoned out of this one.

When is Mace going to get Rachid Harkouk on?

I finally got around to the Paul Smalley episode a few weeks ago, his speaking style is very similar to Howard Wilkinson, or at least it was to my ears. Frustrating though that he wasn't asked what went wrong in the Barnwell season - regards missing out on promotion, not just him being left out at the very end over a contract issue, which may not have helped. I'd like to see Garry Birtles on for the same reason, who has a lot of media experience and would undoubtedly be very engaging, ditto Martin O'Neil who knows Mace well. I'd quite like to hear Larry Lloyd's version of events too.

McP has spoken about his time at Notts often on Notts TV but it would be good to have it all in one chunk. Funny that they've recently been mentioning managers having to walk up the steps of the stand to be interviewed by Colin Slater, which never happened anywhere else, but the one Notts manager who refused to do that was McP. Slater mentioned in his book that there was only one manager he didn't get on with (at the time of writing it) and I do wonder if that was McParland. I wouldn't hold that against him though, Charlie was and is very much his own man and I respect him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Must admit I soon zoned out of this one.

When is Mace going to get Rachid Harkouk on?

I finally got around to the Paul Smalley episode a few weeks ago, his speaking style is very similar to Howard Wilkinson, or at least it was to my ears. Frustrating though that he wasn't asked what went wrong in the Barnwell season - regards missing out on promotion, not just him being left out at the very end over a contract issue, which may not have helped. I'd like to see Garry Birtles on for the same reason, who has a lot of media experience and would undoubtedly be very engaging, ditto Martin O'Neil who knows Mace well. I'd quite like to hear Larry Lloyd's version of events too.

McP has spoken about his time at Notts often on Notts TV but it would be good to have it all in one chunk. Funny that they've recently been mentioning managers having to walk up the steps of the stand to be interviewed by Colin Slater, which never happened anywhere else, but the one Notts manager who refused to do that was McP. Slater mentioned in his book that there was only one manager he didn't get on with (at the time of writing it) and I do wonder if that was McParland. I wouldn't hold that against him though, Charlie was and is very much his own man and I respect him for that.
    Would love a Harkouk episode too!

That was my experience, I found it soul destroying. Fair play anyone who can stomach over an hour of that needlessly measured delivery.

Hope that those who stuck with it heard a few gems for this box office interview with the NL man.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast