+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread: Forest v Derby.

Matchday thread: Forest v Derby.

I was waiting for Andy but, just for you GP.
    Tomorrow will see possibly the last such derby for a while, for ever, or just until next season...who knows?
    It is likely to be an emotional event and personally, given how things appeared at the beginning of the week, I’m relieved we still have our manager and squad still largely intact. It could have been much worse by now.
    Forest have been in decent form and so have we. Hopefully tomorrow will see more of our ‘never say die’ attitude and we’ll be able to take both pride and point(s) back down Brian Clough Way.
    I’m going 2-2 but it’d be nice to take possession of the BC Trophy...though hopefully not for the final time.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I was waiting for Andy but, just for you GP.
    Tomorrow will see possibly the last such derby for a while, for ever, or just until next season...who knows?
    It is likely to be an emotional event and personally, given how things appeared at the beginning of the week, I’m relieved we still have our manager and squad still largely intact. It could have been much worse by now.
    Forest have been in decent form and so have we. Hopefully tomorrow will see more of our ‘never say die’ attitude and we’ll be able to take both pride and point(s) back down Brian Clough Way.
    I’m going 2-2 but it’d be nice to take possession of the BC Trophy...though hopefully not for the final time.
    Sorry, moving house

3-1 Derby, whatever the team is. You might not 'hate' Forest rA, and its a strong word, I don't 'hate' them either, but 'deep seated dislike' sort of nails it

I guess if we win the BC Trophy we might keep it for an awful long time before it's next contested.

However I'd sooner we lose it next season given the two options.

Given the passion involved, a sneaky 1-0 win

3-2 to the Rams. Expecting a real fighting performance, maybe even some handbags, highly emotional affair.

Better team first half. Should be ahead. Nasty knock for Samba.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Better team first half. Should be ahead. Nasty knock for Samba.
    Referee had a shocker he got somethings right but the critical things in a game like this is to control the game playing by stamping it out

Lawrence shouldn't of got a yellow, he should of lectured the goalie more
    Myself I thought Morrison wasn't a red card He got the ball easily and when his backside hit the ground his foot raised but nobody was near him
    and how it takes 2 minutes to take a throw in and then blow up bang on the extra 6 minutes don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    Referee had a shocker he got somethings right but the critical things in a game like this is to control the game playing by stamping it out

Lawrence shouldn't of got a yellow, he should of lectured the goalie more
    Myself I thought Morrison wasn't a red card He got the ball easily and when his backside hit the ground his foot raised but nobody was near him
    and how it takes 2 minutes to take a throw in and then blow up bang on the extra 6 minutes don't get it
    Eddy, we all know the refs are rank in this league.

But the result reflected the match and I think there's no complaints.
    Apart from Lawrence, I didn't see anything to worry me from Derby and the only shot on target you had was the penno,
    How you've been winning against so many decent sides, is a mystery based on what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Eddy, we all know the refs are rank in this league.

But the result reflected the match and I think there's no complaints.
    Apart from Lawrence, I didn't see anything to worry me from Derby and the only shot on target you had was the penno,
    How you've been winning against so many decent sides, is a mystery based on what I saw.
    I agree Forest deserved the win
    If you want Buchanan it's fine by me, don't rate him, never have

Agree, Buchanan was poor today, having said that Johnson is quality.

Agree too that Morrison didn’t deserve a red, but the referee sees it once in real time. Having seen the Grabban and Morrison incidents in slow mo I thought there was more of a case for Grabban to be shown a red but I understand how the ref reached the conclusions he did in real time.

Thought Samba was heroic at half time staying on with an egg sized lump on his head. By the end I thought he was a tw@t after the penalty incident and then the prancing around with his hands behind his back winding people up. No way Lawrence and Samba deserved the same punishment.

We had the best of the first half and should have gone in ahead but our second half performance was a disappointment and the substitutions only seemed to weaken us. Having said that, Forest were panicking in those last six minutes hence the blatant time wasting. Still proud of the effort in the current circumstances.

To be honest, if we have bid 1.25/1.5 M for that, then you have done us a massive favour not accepting it.
    Thank you so much.
    He definitely couldn't deal with Johnson/Spence

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)