+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread: Forest v Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Agree, Buchanan was poor today, having said that Johnson is quality.

Agree too that Morrison didn’t deserve a red, but the referee sees it once in real time. Having seen the Grabban and Morrison incidents in slow mo I thought there was more of a case for Grabban to be shown a red but I understand how the ref reached the conclusions he did in real time.

Thought Samba was heroic at half time staying on with an egg sized lump on his head. By the end I thought he was a tw@t after the penalty incident and then the prancing around with his hands behind his back winding people up. No way Lawrence and Samba deserved the same punishment.

We had the best of the first half and should have gone in ahead but our second half performance was a disappointment and the substitutions only seemed to weaken us. Having said that, Forest were panicking in those last six minutes hence the blatant time wasting. Still proud of the effort in the current circumstances.
    Not sure you were the better first half RA.
    You had the first 15-20mins. But Cooper saw the error and moved Yates out the back into midfield and from then on, the game changed.
    Personally, I am struggling to find where the hell he found an extra 6 minutes. I think panicking is a bit strong, as the stats still say, no shots on target from out field play.

Just spare a though for Worrall missing today. Turns out he's out now for over 6 weeks. He played against Millwall in pain and is now apparent he had 2 broken ribs from that game.
    Hard *******.

No beating about the bush, they deserved the win. We had them for 20 minutes then they switched formation and they had 85% of the game after that. We had 54% of the ball but poor passes and good pressing and covering by them meant we hardly ever looked dangerous. Just 4 shots all game and only the penalty on target. They managed 13 and 6 according to the stats but I'm struggling to remember more than the 2 goals and 2 saves.

Bird and Tommo's passing was way off today. Festy was ineffective as was Kaz. Loz miscued our only first half chance. McKenna blocked our only real 2nd half chance. He will be kicking himself for the penalty as Loz was never going to keep the ball in.

I'm wondering how many extra cards will be given for the post game handbags. Loz, Sibs and Samba are all candidates IMO. Ravel can't complain about his red either.

Same ref is in the home game. He was slightly better overall but in the last 20 he totally lost control. I think Samba was angry with Loz for that egg on his forehead. Yes, there was contact between head and foot but both were "entitled" to be where they were at the moment of impact. Loz didn't kick him, more Samba headed his foot. What happened later was, IMO related to that 2st half coming together. Samba should have gone for what he did following the penalty.

What was the ref doing after the penalty had been given? Samba given way too much leeway to try to put Loz off. Getting Loz to move the ball about 1mm. Samba should have seen a card for his post match antics on the pitch. Will he and others get retrospective cards? Probably not because if they give Sibs the card he richly deserves for his antics post match then they'll also have to do similar with Samba and others and they won't.

With my refs hat on, he got the Rav call right. Rav lost control of the ball and dived after it. Both feet off the ground, one leg straight and studs showing. He was no longer in control of where his body was going. His studs caught the ball and his momentum took his foot up and over the ball and into the player's leg.

Grabban was very lucky. Many a ref would have given him a straight red. This one chose not to. Shortly after Grabban deserved another yellow and got away with it. He should have gone.

Other have mentioned the total lack of control in added time. Simply, he was poor.

Brum at PP next week and then, we have 2 days left to find £7M if we haven't found it already or we lose the Golden Ticket and we are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Not sure you were the better first half RA.
    You had the first 15-20mins. But Cooper saw the error and moved Yates out the back into midfield and from then on, the game changed.
    Personally, I am struggling to find where the hell he found an extra 6 minutes. I think panicking is a bit strong, as the stats still say, no shots on target from out field play.

Just spare a though for Worrall missing today. Turns out he's out now for over 6 weeks. He played against Millwall in pain and is now apparent he had 2 broken ribs from that game.
    Hard *******.
    Yep...fair comment about the first half. Cooper probably out managed Rooney...but then he does currently have better resources.

As regards the ‘panicking’. Maybe a bit strong...but after the penalty your lot did try every trick in the book to ‘hide’ the ball and waste time. Not saying we wouldn’t have in the same circumstances but it did seem particularly blatant.

Would obviously have been different if Lawrence had taken his chance which, compared with last week’s ‘double’, looked simple and Grabban had been red carded (probably would have been via VAR), but that’s football and ultimately I can’t disagree that the better side won.

Unusually I still disagree with MA about Morrison’s red. For me...a yellow at worst...but the events of next week will far outweigh the significance of yesterday’s result.

If we’d been hammered yesterday (and we weren’t) but our survival is assured by this time next week I’ll take that.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 23-01-2022 at 10:32 AM.

I’m not disheartened by this result at all. We are a mid table team and mid table teams lose some times. The five teams above us are in free fall. If we can remain in existence as a club I remain confident we will escape the drop

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I’m not disheartened by this result at all. We are a mid table team and mid table teams lose some times. The five teams above us are in free fall. If we can remain in existence as a club I remain confident we will escape the drop
    ... and that is the crux of the matter. We have 8 days to prove to the EFL's satisfaction that we have the £7M needed to complete the season.

I'm usually very optimistic but, right now, I fear the worst.

I’m not ‘disheartened’ by the result at all either and I remain confident that we’ll survive...but not that we’ll escape the drop...we need money, a supportive takeover and some incomings within the next 9 days for that.

Hey look on the bright side. Your 11 points top flight record was secured today.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I’m not ‘disheartened’ by the result at all either and I remain confident that we’ll survive...but not that we’ll escape the drop...we need money, a supportive takeover and some incomings within the next 9 days for that.
    I can't see any oncomings RA. You're on a transfer ban and that aint being lifted until you come out of administration.
    Even if a sale was agreed, the transfer market would be closed before clearance.

Heard a rumour Wolves are after Lawrence. That would be awkward seeing as you owe money on him.

Not sure we do, we owe @rsenal about £8 million of Bielik's fee, haven't seen mention that we owe fees to Leicester for Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Not sure we do, we owe @rsenal about £8 million of Bielik's fee, haven't seen mention that we owe fees to Leicester for Lawrence
    I thought Bielik's fee was £8M possibly rising to £10M with add ons. Still owing £8M would be bad form. I do remember Arsenal deferring our next payment earlier this season.

Lawro signed 4 and a half seasons ago, I think the Foxes would have been all over us had we still owed them money.

Joz is more recent and I have seen/heard rumours that we still owe something on him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)