+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5 Points behind Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    As for cash flow problems, see Post 11.

As for Lusty's point about building up the club's bank balance, in the short term it may well be the best option to bank the Wood money and sit tight, but if you want to protect the long term financial future, then the priority has to be to stay in the PL. And to that end, we have far more chance if we retain the services of Tarkowski and spend some of that £25 million on a couple of players. £25 million in the bank now will be as nothing should we go down.
    I think deep down in our hearts we know we will be relegated this season mon ami. I'll bet Dave Baldwin is planning for that eventuality already.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    At my last pre-Covid count we had almost 16000 season ticket holders and we had to make avaiable 3000 away tickets.

Walk-ins were like gold dust, I'm certain Covid will have reduced the amount of season ticket holders, but to lose £100,000 per postponed home game is still a fair hit to take.

This morning I had a long chat with two of my old mates who work on the commercial side, they said shop sales are buoyant, the hospitality revenue is good, but the club don't like taking hits through no fault of their own. Who would?
    I still find it alarming BT, while we will incur some expense from a postponement, the revenue from the away fans is not lost, just deferred, ALK will get their greasy mitts on it sooner or later. Swiss's source says they have cash-flow problems, sounds entirely feasible to me, it just confirms what everything about the way the club is operating suggests, that we have debts, are potless and in the financial mire up to our necks, with no fecking idea how to resolve it.

I still find it alarming BT, while we will incur some expense from a postponement, the revenue from the away fans is not lost, just deferred, ALK will get their greasy mitts on it sooner or later. Swiss's source says they have cash-flow problems, sounds entirely feasible to me, it just confirms what everything about the way the club is operating suggests, that we have debts, are potless and in the financial mire up to our necks, with no fecking idea how to resolve it.
    I'm not sure you know how the Yanks operate mon ami.

They have "credit lines" which provide operating funds until a tsunami hits. We are miles away from that mon ami.

My two "sources" are both from the Commercial department, they are not worried so we need not be.

Incidentally, they have both been gainfully employed by Burnley Football Club for over ten years and I trust them to provide "proper" news.

I understand NUFC have already fronted the best part of the £25 million we got for Wood, so we are hardly potless.

I'm not sure you know how the Yanks operate mon ami.
    No I certainly don't know how they operate BT, I'll give you that, my big concern though, is that they themselves don't seem to have any more idea about what they're doing than I do..

Are you trying to tell me that the deferral of last years payments to Garlick and John B to April is simply a tax dodge, and that when you said the atmosphere inside Turf Moor was like a funeral parlour, you were putting us away ?

No I certainly don't know how they operate BT, I'll give you that, my big concern though, is that they themselves don't seem to have any more idea about what they're doing than I do..

Are you trying to tell me that the deferral of last years payments to Garlick and John B to April is simply a tax dodge, and that when you said the atmosphere inside Turf Moor was like a funeral parlour, you were putting us away ?
    Cast your mind back to the time when some stiff upper lipped Fire boss walked into the Nelson Fire Station and started to tell you how to deal with the "locals" mon ami.

It's easy to knock the staff off their stride and take the wind out of their sales.

The need for a wage packet usually corrects the temporary malaise.

It seems the "missing" installment should have been paid between January and March this year, but by deferring it to April 5th, millions are being saved in a payment to HMRC.

Not sure about you mon ami, but that HMRC club is one I'm not fond of joining!

It seems the "missing" installment should have been paid between January and March this year, but by deferring it to April 5th, millions are being saved in a payment to HMRC.

Not sure about you mon ami, but that HMRC club is one I'm not fond of joining!
    Just sets more alarm bells ringing BT, so belatedly they've found a more tax efficient way of concluding the deal. They are supposedly high powered, experienced businessmen, but they missed the opportunity to make the deal as tax efficient as possible first time round. I wonder who pointed out to them that they'd missed a trick here, was it the tea lady, do they really know what they're doing ?

The answer seems to be.......NO.

Just sets more alarm bells ringing BT, so belatedly they've found a more tax efficient way of concluding the deal. They are supposedly high powered, experienced businessmen, but they missed the opportunity to make the deal as tax efficient as possible first time round. I wonder who pointed out to them that they'd missed a trick here, was it the tea lady, do they really know what they're doing ?

The answer seems to be.......NO.
    Garlick was dictating the terms, now the shoe is on the other foot, fair play to Alan Pace.

I still think the sly old dog might have another Mormon trick or two to pull.

Garlick was dictating the terms, now the shoe is on the other foot, fair play to Alan Pace.

I still think the sly old dog might have another Mormon trick or two to pull.
    Hardly draped in dignity / honesty is it though - I mean if they can default on Garlick on payments - where does that leave us as a club.

Once you look past the fact he’s shafting Garlick it don’t look too healthy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Hardly draped in dignity / honesty is it though - I mean if they can default on Garlick on payments - where does that leave us as a club.

Once you look past the fact he’s shafting Garlick it don’t look too healthy to me.
    Could be worse though army88, at least our new owners don't bomb the Yemenis in bits and chop the odd dissident's head off.

As for cash flow problems, see Post 11.

As for Lusty's point about building up the club's bank balance, in the short term it may well be the best option to bank the Wood money and sit tight, but if you want to protect the long term financial future, then the priority has to be to stay in the PL. And to that end, we have far more chance if we retain the services of Tarkowski and spend some of that £25 million on a couple of players. £25 million in the bank now will be as nothing should we go down.
    "Building up the bank balance" isn't exactly what I said. My point was that the first priority is to ensure the club doesn't go bankrupt - but I didn't specify how that should be achieved.

As long as the owners are not syphoning money out of the club you have a good chance of making it but from what I've read I'm not confident that Pace etc are necessarily the best option for long term sustainability. That said, change is fraught with danger - a careful what you wish for thing.

As we headed off the rails, it was really difficult to get bona fide info about what was going on with the finances not helped by the owner not submitting returns, so speculation was rife and when it finally did go tits up it was sudden and all too late.

However, all this is hypothetical. Cornet is on his way back from Afcon, your defence is like a brick wall and somehow you are going to stay in the Prem. I feel it in my water.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)