+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5 Points behind Norwich

I spoke with someone who works at the Turf. They are having trouble attracting investors due to poor performance this season, the club is owed TV money and is missing gate receipts from the postponed matches. There is a cash flow problem.

The line is that they do want to invest in the team.

We shall see which story is true!

the other line is - that if they dont invest, we dont have a team - otherwise meaning, we're proper phooked !

....anyone on here, kick a ball straight ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    So they've sucked you in and blown you out in bubbles, a man of your experience and business acumen ?? For once mon ami, I'm speechless.
    Outside looking in never did form my basis for a "deal" mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I spoke with someone who works at the Turf. They are having trouble attracting investors due to poor performance this season, the club is owed TV money and is missing gate receipts from the postponed matches. There is a cash flow problem.

Gate receipts are a very small % of our turnover, the last accounts I saw they were something like £6m on a turnover of almost £140m, and most of our fans have paid up front with ST'S, I don't know just how much cash we'll rake in for a home game, but it's not a massive amount. If missing a couple of home games is giving us cash-flow problems, then we really are in serious trouble.

there are loans galore out there... Utd want out their flops Linguard, Jones to name a few.. Aubanyang - stupid Arsehol name.. but these lot wont even pay half their wages to try and stay up... its *******s, they want to go down no two ways about it.

Gate receipts are a very small % of our turnover, the last accounts I saw they were something like £6m on a turnover of almost £140m, and most of our fans have paid up front with ST'S, I don't know just how much cash we'll rake in for a home game, but it's not a massive amount. If missing a couple of home games is giving us cash-flow problems, then we really are in serious trouble.
    We have lost £100,000 per postponed home game sinkov. The EPL should be made to stump that money up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We have lost £100,000 per postponed home game sinkov. The EPL should be made to stump that money up.
    I'd be interested to see a breakdown of that £100,000 loss per postponed game BT, does that take account of the savings made by not having to put a game on ? But OK, I'll go along with it, and still find it concerning that a business turning over £140 million has cash flow problems because of two postponed games, the club is obviously operating on very fine margins.

And how will the cash-flow be impacted by the loss of PL status, which will mean loss of TV revenue and a drop in ST sales and overall attendances ? If we have problems now, then pray we don't get relegated, because if we do, we ain't seen nothing yet. And I wouldn't expect much respite from the parachute payments, I would imagine they will be used to pay off ALK's creditors, after which there won't be much left.

I'd be interested to see a breakdown of that £100,000 loss per postponed game BT, does that take account of the savings made by not having to put a game on ? But OK, I'll go along with it, and still find it concerning that a business turning over £140 million has cash flow problems because of two postponed games, the club is obviously operating on very fine margins.

And how will the cash-flow be impacted by the loss of PL status, which will mean loss of TV revenue and a drop in ST sales and overall attendances ? If we have problems now, then pray we don't get relegated, because if we do, we ain't seen nothing yet. And I wouldn't expect much respite from the parachute payments, I would imagine they will be used to pay off ALK's creditors, after which there won't be much left.
    I have not heard we are experiencing cash flow problems sinkov, indeed it was reported all December salaries were paid early to avoid any Xmas banking hiccups.

Using the first postponed Watford game as a yardstick; the game was called off and sanctioned by the EPL just two hours before kick-off.

The stewards had been shipped in and were on-site and on duty. The hospitality boxes and kiosks were all stocked and ready. I was not at the game, but I'm led to believe some fans were already in the ground.

On a matter of principle, I'd be mightily pi$$ed off if I had to fund this lot without any recourse to the EPL.

We can only literally take a peek into the transfer window, because Burnley are notorious for keeping schtum on any potential deals. We can see so far, we have got £25 million for Wood and are ready to board Orsic for £7 million and that is bloody good business in anybody's book.

Moving forward, there seems to be a consensus of opinion amongst Burnley fans that if NUFC want to slip us £20 million for Tarkowski we should take it.

Wanderlust mentioned from his experiences with BWFC we should build up the club's bank balance and let everything else take care of itself.

ALK or no, I agree with that proposition, businesses can not operate on fresh air.

As for cash flow problems, see Post 11.

As for Lusty's point about building up the club's bank balance, in the short term it may well be the best option to bank the Wood money and sit tight, but if you want to protect the long term financial future, then the priority has to be to stay in the PL. And to that end, we have far more chance if we retain the services of Tarkowski and spend some of that £25 million on a couple of players. £25 million in the bank now will be as nothing should we go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post

At my last pre-Covid count we had almost 16000 season ticket holders and we had to make avaiable 3000 away tickets.

Walk-ins were like gold dust, I'm certain Covid will have reduced the amount of season ticket holders, but to lose £100,000 per postponed home game is still a fair hit to take.

This morning I had a long chat with two of my old mates who work on the commercial side, they said shop sales are buoyant, the hospitality revenue is good, but the club don't like taking hits through no fault of their own. Who would?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)